Hey all!
Its my birthday/christmas coming up , and was wondering what combo amps you would reccomend under £150?
I've looked at the VOX VT30 and Line 6 Spider 3 30 watt.
What would you suggest Please feel free to suggest others!

By the way! I play mainly metal , so Metallica , Lamb of God etc etc
Cheers!
the Peavey VYPYR 30W is very nice for metal and anything else, so get this. in america, it is $200 with the footswitch, the Sanpera I. if you do get it, read the manual for both or else it will be really confusing...
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
also check out the roland cube 30x. I haven't tried the vypyr yet (and it's bound to be worth a try), nor the newest version of the voxes (ditto the vypyr), but the cube 30 is better for metal than the older vox valvetronixes and the spiders, in my opinion.

obviously try them all out if you can find them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You'll get an awful lot of people telling you not to get the Spider.

And really, it's not what we would pick its what sounds best to you. Go and try them out if you can.
I've exposed your lies, Mr. Citizen Erased. This will give me all the peace and joy in the world. The truth will unwind and scrape away because I don't love you and never did - so please:

...I'm a cool kid.
exactly. i mean, if i had that budget and wanted to play those styles of music, i'd be hitting the music shops to try the ones I haven't tried yet, before anything else
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried out my music teachers Peavey amp yesterday , and it was ok , but it didn't seem so have a 'metal' enough tone even with tweaking. Im not sure whether this is the amp or the whole range or what but it wasn't the sound im after.

I find a 65 watt Fender amp for the right price range :
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/fender-fm-65-r-guitar-amp-combo--35451

Now it seems a bit weird that a 65 watter is going for 150 pounds. So im skeptical about quality , has anyone got this amp and could help me out?

Cheers!

P.S , VOX are good for metal right?
Quote by Zoofie
Cheers for the reply people!

So its between the roland amp.
VOX VT30 - http://www.dv247.com/guitars/vox-vt30-valvetronix-30w-guitar-amp-combo--57458

Line 6 Spider IV - http://www.dv247.com/guitars/line-6-spider-iv-30-guitar-amp-combo--66709

Peavey Vypyr 30 - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77819

What would YOU pick if you played my style of music

Thanks very much!

I would definitely go for a vypyr, i own the 75w version and it can handle metal very very well! It also does a ton of other stuff.
nope,Vypyr good for metal

and dont get the fender
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
In my opinion, the peavey isn't a nice amp to work with.
I liked the Vox but not sure about it's metal capacity.
Cube's are always a good idea though, best budget amps IMO. That or the newer set of Marshall MG's. Before anyone fires up the flames watch this. Chappers certainly gives it a work through there and it holds up damn well to the abuse.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

do you know how much ****ing post equing was done to polish that turd?

Yes they aren't as horrible as people say, but they can't do stand-alone metal without sounding like shoving a spoon up a cats ass.

Try the Roland, I've heard them do great things.

And as for the vyper, spend about 20 minutes of your life reading the manual and you will get tones you can't even imagine, you can expect to know how to get great tones in 5 mins without knowing what every knob does.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!