Page 1 of 2
Quote by )(yperX
Most likely they are going to release new versions of them.

The new version will feature components that are actually soldered together.
Quote by BobDetroit

now THAT'S what I call an improvement!
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
As far as i know they made that improvement earlier in the year that was the only doubt i had about it.But they fixed it so now Im very interested in getting one.
lol
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by BobDetroit

that would be helpful

I liked the sound of every Bugera I've ever played...but after reading some of the horror stories I've never been able to commit to buying one
Quote by BobDetroit

But yeah, they're probably starting some new models.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Perhaps the production issues and warranty costs were too much and they went belly up?
Quote by BobDetroit
Perhaps the production issues and warranty costs were too much and they went belly up?

Doubt it, there were already leaks for a new amp for 2010 that was a copy of a Matchless DC-30.

a DC-30 that won't cost me an arm and a leg? I'd definitely buy it.

I see them letting the stock in stores die out so that they can put forward a new version in January.

Edit: Sorry for massive image
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Doubt it, there were already leaks for a new amp for 2010 that was a copy of a Matchless DC-30.

I see them letting the stock in stores die out so that they can put forward a new version in January.

The entire month of December seems like a less than ideal time to plan being out of stock.
Quote by eyebanez333

I liked the sound of every Bugera I've ever played...but after reading some of the horror stories I've never been able to commit to buying one

same story here, ive looked at both the 333 and v55 but the reviews scare me away

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
I asked this question on another topic, and was told they still carry those amps, but they're not activly listing them on their sites because they are pushing the 1960, 1990, and V-series models.

I'd give GC or MF a call and see if they can still sell you one.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Personally, I think they should quit making new amps and just focus on making a few amps decently.
Their production line is the problem, not the designs. Once the monkeys they've got making the amps learn how to solder properly the reliability should be up there with most other production amp makers.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Last edited by ch0 at Dec 1, 2009,
can someone give me a rundown of all the amps and what they are cloning?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by lewisg1
same story here, ive looked at both the 333 and v55 but the reviews scare me away

Yup, same!
They sound great, but if it's gonna conk out in a month, what's the point?
Um... GUITAR CENTER HAS NEVER CARRIED THE 6262 OR 333XL ONLINE. EVER. However, if you go to an actual store, they can special order for you.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
can someone give me a rundown of all the amps and what they are cloning?

333/333XL = XXX/JSX
6260/6262 = 6505/6505+
1990 = JCM 900
1960 = JTM? It's a plexi clone nonetheless
V series = Mixture. Peavey Classic/Vox AC30 is the kind of vibe I hear from them.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by ch0
Their production line is the problem, not the designs. Once the monkeys they've got making the amps learn how to solder properly the reliability should be up there with most other production amp makers.

Right. But for every new amp they have to retrain people and possibly hunt down additional cheap parts.

FrustratedRocka - I'm pretty sure GC had the 6200 series on their web site but I could be wrong. Also, I played a 6260 in the store. Nice tone.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Right. But for every new amp they have to retrain people and possibly hunt down additional cheap parts.

FrustratedRocka - I'm pretty sure GC had the 6200 series on their web site but I could be wrong. Also, I played a 6260 in the store. Nice tone.

Got to agree with you about the tone - I picked up a 6262 combo on friday. HOWEVER: I've had my eye on these amps for a long time and have until last friday checked the GC website every day to see if they had added the 626_ or 333 series. They never did, although they did put the 6262 combo in the catalog they mail out every once in a while.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
FYI: People complaining about Bugera's having QA issues like with the soldering, that's been fixed for a while now. I believe all models made in '09 have been revisions. I owned a 333XL for 6 months and it was build solid, incredible amp for the money.

If you've been worried about buying a Bugera because of build quality concerns you're free to purchase confidently. Of course it never hurts to get an extended warranty (as with any gear purchases).
Quote by ch0

i fear if they do learn how to solder properly, they will demand higher salary.

and then our bugeras aren't going to cost just 500 dollars anymore. they'll be in the 1000 +/- range.

defeats the purpose of buying a bugera now, doesn't it?
Quote by ch0

I have one of the newer 1990 models and the very first thing i did was take the chassis out and inspect it before i plugged it in. It really didn't have a bad solder job at all and i don't see why they have such a negative crowd to them. A friend of mine who reviews them on youtube has had his 6262 and his 1990 for quite a while and not one issue. But neither of us gig so they stay in the same spot all the time.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77

If tehy do a matchless clone i would but it in a second.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by CrysisFX
I have one of the newer 1990 models and the very first thing i did was take the chassis out and inspect it before i plugged it in. It really didn't have a bad solder job at all and i don't see why they have such a negative crowd to them. A friend of mine who reviews them on youtube has had his 6262 and his 1990 for quite a while and not one issue. But neither of us gig so they stay in the same spot all the time.

You're fortunate. I asked the tech guy at the pro audio store I use about Bugera and he said Bugera amp repairs account for half of his business.
Quote by BobDetroit
You're fortunate. I asked the tech guy at the pro audio store I use about Bugera and he said Bugera amp repairs account for half of his business.

What he said.

My experience with the Bugera heads has not been the best. I bought a 1990 6 months ago and it lasted for 4 months and then quit, then the new replacement lasted 1 month and then started shutting down. Now I have the third new unit in the box and it is for sale, I won't even open the box.

On both of my units, we tried different tubes and checked EVERY single connection very closely and found nothing wrong. Something within the units is breaking down. All three of these units where built this year 09.
Quote by CrysisFX

This friend wouldn't be Mtuck5150, would it? That guy did everything but sell me my 6262.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Quote by FrustratedRocka
Um... GUITAR CENTER (OR MUSICIANS FRIEND) HAS NEVER CARRIED THE 6262 OR 333XL ONLINE. EVER. However, if you go to an actual store, they can special order for you.

+1.

They have some in the store to try also.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
This friend wouldn't be Mtuck5150, would it? That guy did everything but sell me my 6262.

"If the amp don't have a good lead channel, the amp ain't worth shit"

He done the same for me, found his videos pretty helpful, while at the same time pretty funny.
Quote by )(yperX
FYI: People complaining about Bugera's having QA issues like with the soldering, that's been fixed for a while now. I believe all models made in '09 have been revisions. I owned a 333XL for 6 months and it was build solid, incredible amp for the money.

If you've been worried about buying a Bugera because of build quality concerns you're free to purchase confidently. Of course it never hurts to get an extended warranty (as with any gear purchases).

Wow so you say they are definitely solid now.. sweet might go out and get one
Looks like someone missed my post #29...... These units are definitely NOT solid.
^ my bad.. does bugera seem to have an inconsistency with all their amps or are some models worse than others
Quote by FrustratedRocka

Yea thats him. i talked to him a lot about bugera and he pushed me into buying mine and i definately dont regret. I also got a new behringer mixer (behringer owns bugera) and it has no problems either.
Quote by BobDetroit
I just pictured the internal wiring connected entirely with alligator clips.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by striker327
^ my bad.. does bugera seem to have an inconsistency with all their amps or are some models worse than others

Apparently stay away from the 1990's.

Stick with the 333 or 62XX line and you'll be fine.
Quote by DW#
What he said.

My experience with the Bugera heads has not been the best. I bought a 1990 6 months ago and it lasted for 4 months and then quit, then the new replacement lasted 1 month and then started shutting down. Now I have the third new unit in the box and it is for sale, I won't even open the box.

On both of my units, we tried different tubes and checked EVERY single connection very closely and found nothing wrong. Something within the units is breaking down. All three of these units where built this year 09.

This is exactly the kind of thing that has kept me from ever pulling the trigger on a Bugera. )(yperX and CrysisFX say they have new 09 models and the problems are fixed...but, like BobDetroit said, the local shop I frequent has had many new Bugeras in with problems. Its really a shame too...because like I've said before, every Bugera I've ever played has sounded amazing. But if I were ever to buy one, it would never be trusted enough to be able to be my stand alone amp
Quote by eyebanez333
This is exactly the kind of thing that has kept me from ever pulling the trigger on a Bugera. )(yperX and CrysisFX say they have new 09 models and the problems are fixed...but, like BobDetroit said, the local shop I frequent has had many new Bugeras in with problems. Its really a shame too...because like I've said before, every Bugera I've ever played has sounded amazing. But if I were ever to buy one, it would never be trusted enough to be able to be my stand alone amp

Love my bugera, no issues. very silent when i play, not alot of hiss. I have had many tube combo's and heads in the last 15 years of playing and i am fixing to get another bugera cause they are a steal and sound very very good.

Mine is dated 0801 and has the clip issue resolved and all clips glued. just something to think about.

anyways i wouldn't hold bob detroit over people who actually own these amps. Your the one missing out and buying the hate speak on these amps.

also i respect companys that replace defective items or resolve issues. Stuff happens with everything especially sensitive electronics. That guy who is on his 3rd 1990 i am sure he didn't have to buy three. somebody is doing him right although he keeps having problems i would say it's a bit strange.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Page 1 of 2