Hello all.

I have a question for any knowledgeable Jackson guitar people on this site.

I have the chance to pick up a USA 1992 Jackson RR (RR1 right?) out of the Ontario factory.

Serial begins with U so that makes it prod not custom...

Everything looks great with the guitar - but there is only one knob... and one switch.
Every picture I've seen of early 90's RRs show 3 knobs and a switch.

The only single knob Jackson Vs are the newer models (RR24, etc).

Question is - does anyone here know of any single knob Jacksons RRs from that time period. Is this a red flag that something might not be on the up and up with this guitar's authenticity?
Last edited by jeffcp at Dec 1, 2009,
There are a few more models with the single knob and switch, the early 90's Professional series Rhoads EX for instance. But you're right, I haven't been able to find any evidence of standard USA models with that control layout. Maybe if you posted the pictures?
Here is a picture.
The headstock says Made in USA.
Serial begins with U - orig floyd rose...
everything else seems ok.
Attachments:
rhoadsusa.JPG
Get the serial number and go to Jacksonguitars.com. You can download a back catalogue and check to see if this guitar is legit.
Considering it's got a scratchplate it's quite possible that it's been replaced and rewired to the owner's spec. Looks pretty legit to me
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Considering it's got a scratchplate it's quite possible that it's been replaced and rewired to the owner's spec. Looks pretty legit to me

Yeah, it looks fine. At some point, someone has replaced the scratchplate because they wanted fewer controls. It's not really surprising that it's been modded slightly, after all if it was made in 1992 it's 17 years old now.
Dont, early 90s USA jacksons were off a bit, while the Japanese were very well made at that time. If you want a good 90's Jackson, buy a top end japanese one.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
LP, could you please explain why the USA's were worse?

I always thought / read the best Jackson you could get was a late 80s - early 90s USA model.