Page 1 of 2
I'm doing some work whilst listening to some music and there have been countless times where I've just stopped working for a few seconds just to close my eyes and think what a great thing music is. I can't help it - I just can't get over how music makes me feel so happy.
I can't really talk about this stuff to my other friends who are not music people (really rubbish - I have to find ways of talking about music and UG is one of them ) but at least you guys can appreciate it. Just how much does music make you feel? I realise that about 40% of UG want to be career musicians but I'm not one of them. I just love listening to music so much - really hard to contain and I'm sure a lot of you have those moments. With me - it seems to occur at least once a week.

It's impossible to think that I'm the only one feeling like this (because I know I'm not) but at the same time, it does awfully feel like that sometimes as if no one can appreciate music as much as I do (another ridiculous perception but I suppose it's just my way of expressing just how much it makes me feel). This thread is merely my way of expressing my love for music and to see what other people write. It's just something I can't contain.

To some responses
- I enjoy listening to music so much more than making it
- Come on guys, a little more content would be great. Make The PIT worth coming to. I know we all love music but there's got to be more to it and describing why you love it is one of the hardest things to write about, I think, without simply saying, "because it makes me feel great".
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Dec 1, 2009,
tl;dr.

still, I totally agree bro
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Cadburys
(Invalid img)
Quote by jamesfarr
(Invalid img)
Read through it again and you'll find a question!
Both you cool story bro guys are gonna get a warning. Just sayin.

Anyway, I love music. I don't even want to become some famous musician, I want to make music for myself.
TS, I know exactly what you mean.

I call these moments "Music-gasms".
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by jamesfarr
Yes it is such a cool question

Then fuck off and don't post here. No one cares what you think.
Music is currently one of the few things I can count on in life. But I'm normally not happy just listening to music, I have to actually be making it myself to be able to enjoy it.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I love listening to music and playing it, just for myself. When I haven't listened to a great song in a while or when I'm in the right mood for a song, it's a perfect ear-gasm. I pretty much have a soundtrack for every season of the year and it sets the mood for the coming months. Sometimes I love just taking walks in the cold with my warm clothes on and my music playing. Fantastic.

It's really powerful. A movie or show can easily be made or ruined by the soundtrack. It really sharpens the emotions I feel at the time of listening, if it's the right song, as well.

It seems to almost be an extension of myself, not something I just listen to; it feels as much a part of me as my arms do.
Last edited by D&DLover at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
Then fuck off and don't post here. No one cares what you think.

K cool
Agree with pretty much the whole thing TS.

Quote by Harmonius
I can't really talk about this stuff to my other friends who are not music people (really rubbish - I have to find ways of talking about music and UG is one of them )

This stands for me, but with video games.

Secondary school = lots of people to talk to about them.
College = All-girl friend group, nobody to talk to about them.
You're right though, forums are a great method of outputting all that pent up chat about a subject you care deeply about.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at Dec 1, 2009,
I, too, find music to be one of life's greatest pleasures, listening to it, playing it, all that junk.

I love those moments where you're just, into the music, like, it's surrounding you almost. Like, you hear every part fitting together to one great whole, and it's just, awesome.

Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
TS, I know exactly what you mean.

I call these moments "Music-gasms".

And now I have a word for it.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Dec 1, 2009,
The ability to create and appreciate music and works of art is something that sets us apart from other animals. I think we take our superior levels of cognition for granted sometimes.

Being able to find such complex and intense pleasure in pure aesthetics is something extremely powerful for me. It's one of the things that is helping me to look at human beings in a slightly more spiritual light.
i know what you mean TS.
A lot of my friends listen to crap that is played on each radiostation en where the videoclip contains dumb half-naked bitches. And where there isn't any talent at all.
And when i tell them songs they should listen to, they say meh or change the song. When that artist put a whole lot of work and effort it. That pisses me off that music these days is so hard to find. The only 'music' they play on the radio or in musicvideo's is crap.
Thanks to a lot of hallucinogenic drugs and opiates consumed in high school, when a certain song hits me like that, I feel the music flowing through me, and I'm forced into a state of bliss.

It also helps when I play guitar, because I really get into my music, I move with it, and I forget about everything else around me.
Quote by rigiddigits
The ability to create and appreciate music and works of art is something that sets us apart from other animals. I think we take our superior levels of cognition for granted sometimes.

Being able to find such complex and intense pleasure in pure aesthetics is something extremely powerful for me. It's one of the things that is helping me to look at human beings in a slightly more spiritual light.

Thanks Rigid. As soon as I saw your name as the last poster, I knew I was going to get a good response. I agree with what you've written and this is slightly wrong of me but I think that my friends can be really boring sometimes because they don't have deep passions about things other than shopping.

Quote by toine
i know what you mean TS.
A lot of my friends listen to crap that is played on each radiostation en where the videoclip contains dumb half-naked bitches. And where there isn't any talent at all.
And when i tell them songs they should listen to, they say meh or change the song. When that artist put a whole lot of work and effort it. That pisses me off that music these days is so hard to find. The only 'music' they play on the radio or in musicvideo's is crap.

That's really not what I mean to be honest. I'm not trashing genres here but I'm talking about the passion of loving something to the point that it feels like it's more than a passion figuratively speaking but not quite so an infactuation (again, not the right word but you get what I'm trying to say).
In contrast, actually - I am at the point (and have been for some time) where I don't care about technicality of genres. I'm just there for the melody and the music irrespective of genres.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by Harmonius
Thanks Rigid. As soon as I saw your name as the last poster, I knew I was going to get a good response. I agree with what you've written and this is slightly wrong of me but I think that my friends can be really boring sometimes because they don't have deep passions about things other than shopping.

That's really not what I mean to be honest. I'm not trashing genres here but I'm talking about the passion of loving something to the point that it feels like it's more than a passion figuratively but not quite so an infactuation (again, not the right word but you get what I'm trying to say).

i know exactly what you mean.

like, when i'm listening to a particularly awesome song, i'll actually get goosebumps and sometimes i'll start shaking. music feels like it actually physically changes me when i listen to it. my heart races and i get really excited about how awesome a certain song may be.
The Piano part at the end of Louis Armstrong's 'West End Blues' makes me realise how great music is.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Quote by Led Pepplin
The Piano part at the end of Louis Armstrong's 'West End Blues' makes me realise how great music is.

The techno breakdown at the end of that Attack Attack "crabcore" video makes me realize how great music is.
I love music and I'll forever regret not getting into music from an earlier age but thats life aye?

I can;t imaging a world without music, Hell, It wouldn't be worth living. Also, I dont wanna be a career musician, I'd rather just play in a mildly-successful local band my whole life so I can focus on my favourite career type I wanna grow into: Teaching
Quote by Moggan13
I love music and I'll forever regret not getting into music from an earlier age but thats life aye?

I can;t imaging a world without music, Hell, It wouldn't be worth living. Also, I dont wanna be a career musician, I'd rather just play in a mildly-successful local band my whole life so I can focus on my favourite career type I wanna grow into: Teaching

Oddly enough, I have similar aspirations. Just play local, then go on to teaching while playing local.

Also, your signature kicks ass.
Quote by Harmonius
Big compliment

And maybe your friends do, but don't express it - or know it - in the same way as you. It can take a long time for a person to have the confidence to speak about the (non-superficial, non-romantic) things he or she is passionate about. Apathy is a tricky thing to measure.

I agree with your opinion about genres of music. I'm generalising here, but I find that I can relate better personally to people who are deliberately open-minded to all different types of music - and in a wider sense, people who have some idea of the almost limitless access we have to an inconceivably huge range of sensory perceptions in the world, and the similarly infinite potential for broadening our horizons through them.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Oddly enough, I have similar aspirations. Just play local, then go on to teaching while playing local.

Also, your signature kicks ass.

Yeah, I'd love to teach Media. My mate is really getting into the whole teaching stuff and is really good at it so I'm doubting myself if its what I really want as the chances of me getting a job in film or TV are VERY slim IN 2-3 years.
Quote by Moggan13

Yeah, I'd love to teach Media. My mate is really getting into the whole teaching stuff and is really good at it so I'm doubting myself if its what I really want as the chances of me getting a job in film or TV are VERY slim IN 2-3 years.

Yeah, I'm going for History or English if I can. I'd go for chemistry, but I'd be one of those guys teaching my students how to use school supplies to make home-made amphetamines.
Quote by rigiddigits
Big compliment

And maybe your friends do, but don't express it - or know it - in the same way as you. It can take a long time for a person to have the confidence to speak about the (non-superficial, non-romantic) things he or she is passionate about. Apathy is a tricky thing to measure.

I agree with your opinion about genres of music. I'm generalising here, but I find that I can relate better personally to people who are deliberately open-minded to all different types of music - and in a wider sense, people who have some idea of the almost limitless access we have to an inconceivably huge range of sensory perceptions in the world, and the similarly infinite potential for broadening our horizons through them.

You can always count on the older users to post something worth reading (massive generalisation whether you agree with me or not). Trust me - my friends are not that type of people to really love music the way I do. However, I disagree that it may be difficult to speak about something which you are passionate about, at least not with me. I've made it pretty clear that I music is my passion (and this is to a bunch of Law Students - some of the most boring people you will ever meet).

However, yeah - I can definitely relate to people who have an open mind when it comes to music. I'm not so ashamed to admit it but it took until I was 18 to really start to appreciate other music that wasn't solely instrument related and I'm just so much happier. I feel as if I've listened to a whole lot of music that I can really have a valid opinion in saying what I really like and what I don't like.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Music's all I got.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Music is just peachy!
It takes up most of my time and I love it.
Making music, listening to music its all amazing.

I have moments like what your talking about at concerts all the time.
I just have to take a step back and go "wow, this is the life."
Quote by Harmonius
I'm doing some work whilst listening to some music and there have been countless times where I've just stopped working for a few seconds just to close my eyes and think what a great thing music is. I can't help it - I just can't get over how music makes me feel so happy.
I can't really talk about this stuff to my other friends who are not music people (really rubbish - I have to find ways of talking about music and UG is one of them ) but at least you guys can appreciate it. Just how much does music make you feel? I realise that about 40% of UG want to be career musicians but I'm not one of them. I just love listening to music so much - really hard to contain and I'm sure a lot of you have those moments. With me - it seems to occur at least once a week.

It's impossible to think that I'm the only one feeling like this (because I know I'm not) but at the same time, it does awfully feel like that sometimes as if no one can appreciate music as much as I do (another ridiculous perception but I suppose it's just my way of expressing just how much it makes me feel). This thread is merely my way of expressing my love for music and to see what other people write. It's just something I can't contain.

To some responses
- I enjoy listening to music so much more than making it
- Come on guys, a little more content would be great. Make The PIT worth coming to. I know we all love music but there's got to be more to it and describing why you love it is one of the hardest things to write about, I think, without simply saying, "because it makes me feel great".

You could become a music technician. You don't have to perform, but you get to listen to it!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
music is my favorite thing in the world.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
I feel that music, or at least the music I listen to, is literally an unspoken language. It's unspoken in that it's not pronounced with actual words, but there's still a sense of communication. When I listen to music, it's as if the music is a therapist or counselor that breaks down and captures the experience of living. It doesn't offer any literal explanations, but it is able to abstractly reach into the "meaning of life" realm, something that I think can't be explained by verbal language.

It's also a reason why I tend to listen to music without lyrics, at least in the popular sense. Words in verbal language obstruct the musical language. What is most convincing to me is the pure sonority of music, and how sound interact with each other to create an intangible discussion. As much as I love music, I don't physically listen to it every day. However, almost every conscious moment, I'm mentally processing a passage of music and reflecting on its wordless meaning.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I feel that music, or at least the music I listen to, is literally an unspoken language. It's unspoken in that it's not pronounced with actual words, but there's still a sense of communication. When I listen to music, it's as if the music is a therapist or counselor that breaks down and captures the experience of living. It doesn't offer any literal explanations, but it is able to abstractly reach into the "meaning of life" realm, something that I think can't be explained by verbal language.

It's also a reason why I tend to listen to music without lyrics, at least in the popular sense. Words in verbal language obstruct the musical language. What is most convincing to me is the pure sonority of music, and how sound interact with each other to create an intangible discussion. As much as I love music, I don't physically listen to it every day. However, almost every conscious moment, I'm mentally processing a passage of music and reflecting on its wordless meaning.

I can totally relate to everything you just typed.
I like having some sort of feeling whether it be anger, happiness, ect. and translating that emotion into a song, its kinda therapeutic for me.
Hopefully that makes sense and doesn't sound too flowery... hehe.
i often find myself drifting into my own head while listening to music, or looking at art
I think it creates a disinterest in anything other than what is there. you begin to appreciate tiny changes in your surroundings- and this effects your look on life.
I often go and sit in public art galleries and stare at work and lose all track of time, and i wont even be thinking about anything.
it empties your head of all the stuff piling up, cleans it away,and then you step away back into the world and realise how great and beautiful life is.
Page 1 of 2