Hi , any one have any idea how to make a partial capo that would cover first 3 strings? i tryed some stuff but none of it worked and now i'm a bit out of ideas. i'm looking forward to learning andy mckee's - rylynn but i don't want to buy a capo just so i would try to learn it and fail.. so any one have any ideas?
to OP, buy a capo anyway, you might as well have one, and theyre like a tenner, doesn't break the bank

and divinorum, doesn't really work if its capo on 7th =/
Quote by divinorum69
Well, but you can use lighter gauge strings men. Everything is possible. Been there and done that.

new strings would probably cost just as much as a capo

Quote by dreiph
Hi , any one have any idea how to make a partial capo that would cover first 3 strings? i tryed some stuff but none of it worked and now i'm a bit out of ideas. i'm looking forward to learning andy mckee's - rylynn but i don't want to buy a capo just so i would try to learn it and fail.. so any one have any ideas?

if you need a capo, just take a permanant marker, lay it across the frets and put a hair elastic around the ends and across the back of your neck, itll hold the marker tight against the strings, performing the role of a capo perfectly. then downtune your bottom 3 strings, same effect
Last edited by TexMex at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by TexMex
new strings would probably cost just as much as a capo

if you need a capo, just take a permanant marker, lay it across the frets and put a hair elastic around the ends and across the back of your neck, itll hold the marker tight against the strings, performing the role of a capo perfectly. then downtune your bottom 3 strings, same effect

the marker and hairband thing doesn't work very well if the neck is radiused. I tried that a while back and everything but the two middle strings rattled.