Hey, I have been playing guitar on and off for about a year and a half now and have finally decided that its about time I started to learn properly rather than just mess around with tabs and be generally rubbish all the time...

The trouble is I am struggling to do this my current guitar (an Epiphone SG-400) as without any hollow body there is no ring to the notes, and with it plugged in I am stuggling to really develop accurate technique and tone control.

There for I am looking to but a new guitar, either electro-aco or semi-solid - but cant really decide which one. Both have there merits and downsides for learning and any help from any angles on suggestions from more experienced players would be appreciated.

Thanks
That is of course the other option... but i want to keep it electric to maximise the use i can get out of one guitar... being a poor student I cant keep affording new ones, even fiarly cheap ones
I'm not getting why you think a hollowbody is entirely necessary here. How does that impact your learning?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Get an Electro acoustic?

Acoustic is probably the best to learn on for building proper technique + finger strength!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I just recently bought a d-series takamine, that's the entry level series. It's a great guitar, electro-acoustic as well. I definitely recommend it.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible