Page 1 of 2
I posted a thread about Can in the CR forum a while back, got shit all replies, so I expect you indie kids to be more knowlegdable

I recently picked up Ege Bamyasi, and I it. Vitamic C...those drums...I've had Tago Mago for a while now and love it too. Amazing drumming throughout

So yeah, Can fans...step up
Last edited by lp345 at Dec 1, 2009,
Great band. Both those albums are great but Future Days is their masterpiece in my opinion. That being said, all of their stuff is great in different ways. I just wish more people could understand how great and innovative this band really was.
brilliant band. three absolutely untouchable albums is something to write home about.
Tago Mago is really something.

It really confused me how they ended up having a Japanese singer when I first heard them. I was like, 'This really isn't a German accent..."
Got a hold of Future Days .... wowzers. The title track is so purty :3
Tago Mago is magical.

Halleluwah is just amazing.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I've heard about this band but never got into them. Where should I start?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Can is fecking awesome. My dad bought a few of their records when they came out, so we listen to them together occasionally. Tago Mago is my favourite. Saw Damo Suzuki a while back doing an improvised set with the psychedelic band Drum Eyes (check them out...), me and my friends gave him and the band scotch eggs, and we hugged him at the end of the set. One of the best nights of my life.
Quote by Cianyx
I've heard about this band but never got into them. Where should I start?

I'd say Ege Bamyasi is the most accessible of their famous 'trilogy' ... but it wouldn't hurt getting all three (the other two being Tago Mago and Future Days), each one is a spectacular album
Last edited by lp345 at Dec 16, 2009,
recently picked up ege bamyasi on green vinyl

also, i've always found ege bamyasi to be less accessible than tago mago but it doesn't really matter where you start to be honest. all three of those albums are masterpieces.
not to be contrarian, but i've always thought that Future Days was the most accessible. maybe i'm just wrong.
Tago Mago sounds like a delicious pudding
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Monster Movie
Tago Mago
Ege Bamyasi
Future Days
Soon Over Babaluma
Flow Motion
Saw Delight
Rite Time

cant remember where i read that. think i might have compiled the list myself actually (started with a full list and deducted any that have "STAY AWAY" all over every single review). certainly the classic 4 are significantly more enjoyable than the others. but i'm actually quite liking flow motion atm. and rite time is not as bad a comeback album as you might expect.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Feb 3, 2010,
I'm about to listen to my first Can album ever. What should I expect, ug indies? (It's Future Days, y'know.)
CAN are so great, I was groovin' to 'em all night with tha homies. We just got the Tago Mago 40th Anniversary Edition, it's got a 30 minute performance of "Spoon", shit's TIGHT.

Ege Bamyasi & Future Days are my favs, though. My friend has almost every Can album now, he's a super fan.
I've been listening to them a lot lately. I I finally got around to checking out their other stuff besides Tago Mago, and it's really good, though I think Tago Mago still stands as my favourite, closesly followed by Ege Bamyasi.
Quote by neidnarb11890
CAN are so great, I was groovin' to 'em all night with tha homies. We just got the Tago Mago 40th Anniversary Edition, it's got a 30 minute performance of "Spoon", shit's TIGHT.

Ege Bamyasi & Future Days are my favs, though. My friend has almost every Can album now, he's a super fan.

Yeah I'm looking forward to findin' a download of the 40th Anniversary thing.

I can't choose between Tago Mago and Future Days. Actually I can. Tago Mago. But I hope I don't have to choose. Monster Movie is great too. Especially "Father Cannot Yell." Ooooooh.

I only recently listened to Ege Bamyasi ('cuz I wanted to get as much goodness as I could out of the others first). Only listened a couple of times. Haven't really gotten into it yet.
Quote by due 07
Omg, what have I been missing?

Fuck right.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
I only recently listened to Ege Bamyasi ('cuz I wanted to get as much goodness as I could out of the others first).

I know whatchu mean. It takes me forever to work through discographies.

So I assume Tago Mago is next on The Essential Can List?
OH YEAH.

(get it?)

I'm finally giving Monster Movie a proper listen. Ist gut.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
I only recently listened to Ege Bamyasi ('cuz I wanted to get as much goodness as I could out of the others first). Only listened a couple of times. Haven't really gotten into it yet.
I'm the same way, in that I've resisted getting more because I've been loving Tago Mago so much over the past few weeks. And I don't want to distract myself with more stuff.

But I'll probably get Future Days next. Is that a smart choice?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah, I'd say. I think that's the second one I got, or maybe I got Ege Bamyasi second, but I definitely got in to Future Days first.
Here's something that might be of interest - an up and coming band called Love Amongst Ruin (fronted by Steve Hewitt, ex-Placebo) have a song called Bring Me Down, which uses the music from Can's Bel-Air. They wanted to put it on their debut album, but Can's publishers said no. They recently released the song for free, check it at http://www.loveamongstruin.com/2011/11/08/1303/
I was born, and I was dead.

****ing brilliant band.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I am sick of [Ali] coming into every thread and calling someone a straight white male "haha LOOK at this STRAIGHT WHITE MALE saying THESE THINGS oh my GOODNESS"

every. single. time.
one of my all time favorite bands ever. I have the first ten of their studio albums. Only missing maybe 3-4 more. The plot to find them all thickens.

Page 1 of 2