I'm looking to buy a new amp and I'm wondering if this is any good. Also does this have a effects loop?
Yes it is good for the price. I am getting the HT-5 head with an Orange cab. Also, yes it does have an FX loop.
I believe it does have an effects loop, what genres do you play?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I thought the combo sounded rather dark and muddy, compared to the head version. The combo DOES have an effects loop.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by theyak
Thanks. I play classic rock and blues mostly

Take a look at the Egnater Rebel 20 aswell. With the tube mix feature, you really can dial in some nice rock bluesy tones and get exactly what you want.

Not sure about your budget, but those amps really are outstanding and worth looking into.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=egnater
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Got one for m Birthday in September and absolutely love it!

Worth every last penny and is perfect for Rock, Blues and Metal
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
IDK... you can achieve a hell of a lot of tones with just the build in channels and settings on the HT-5. Your volume and tone knobs on the guitar actually become more than on/off switches too. I lost faith in modeling amps after comparing this HT-5 to my Spider III 75w and Vetta II. Its not a loud as a Vetta II, but its got much richer tone. Ya know... instead of switching to the "rock" model... just to go the gain channel, put the gain at noon, bridge pup. Instead of a blues model, go to the gain channel on the amp, change to the neck pup, lower the guitar volume, and bring the tone back to warm it up. Voila! A lot of these tones are not rocket science. Want "Insane"? Put the HT-5 on clean, loud, scooped, and turn your TL-2 pedal on. Low white noise gain heaven. Wanna solo? Put a GE-7 in the mix and kick in some extra volume when you start rippin into it.
================================================
Pregancy and Bariatric Surgery
Ski Holidays France
Good amp but farrrr overated round these parts.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I have it.

It's a great amp. Gain channel sounds amazing, clean channel is great - I can't think of anything wrong with it.
Quote by cliff_em_all
No it isn't.

Anyways, the HT-5 combo is a bit of a waste. Get the head and pick which kind of cab you want. You'll spend a little more money but you'll also be much happier with your purchase.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by cliff_em_all

+3

Also, divyesh, are you kidding? The HT-5 isnt half as good as a Vetta
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
The HT-5 isnt half as good as a Vetta
You know it isn't that linear, right?

He might actually like the HT-5 better than the Vetta. He is entitled to his opinion.

He's still nuts though. Vetta > HT-5
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
You know it isn't that linear, right?

He might actually like the HT-5 better than the Vetta. He is entitled to his opinion.

He's still nuts though. Vetta > HT-5

This is a thread about opinions so I thought it was fitting to put a bit of my own in it
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by ch0
No it isn't.

Anyways, the HT-5 combo is a bit of a waste. Get the head and pick which kind of cab you want. You'll spend a little more money but you'll also be much happier with your purchase.

Whoa a blackstar ht-5 owner

I have no problem with these amps, in fact im considering one myself, however, the rep it gets round here you'ld think it sounded like an slo, deluxe reverb, Dc-30 and a jazz chorus in one. And cooks you breakfast.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Quote by cliff_em_all

+4

It should be great for what you need if you play classic rock and blues. If you want to play metal though, you should invest in an OD pedal.

Quote by cliff_em_all
the rep it gets round here you'ld think it sounded like an slo, deluxe reverb, Dc-30 and a jazz chorus in one. And cooks you breakfast.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I'll never get why some people feel so compelled to hate.

Here, you want a low-wattage hard rocker?

Ok, get the AC4TV. No, wait, don't.

Alright, how about a Night Train? Well no, that won't do hard rock without sinking more money into pedals and even then; it doesn't have an FX loop or a second channel.

Could we do the TT? Well it's considerably more expensive and nowhere near as versatile. Not to mention we're still missing that second channel and the FX loop.

Ok, so what are we down to then? Peavey Royal 8? lol!

Some boutique amp costing $1000+? Sure, that'll sound much nicer but then for the money it really should.

Seems like people on here just get tired of looking at the same NADs or suggesting the same amps over and over. The only issue I have is that if somebody wants to drive a nail, you don't suggest a loaf of bread. Sure, the HT-5 isn't for everybody, no amp is. Look at how many people buy them and love them to death though.

It's not overrated just because it isn't for you.
Quote by Marty Friedman
No. you want a low wattage amp to do hard rock you spend 100 more and get an EVA.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by MetalMike676
Got one for m Birthday in September and absolutely love it!

Worth every last penny and is perfect for Rock, Blues and Metal

lol, no it's not.

Without an EQ and an OD this amp is far too loose to be considered a metal amp, i really don't know how it got that reputation. When you do use pedals though you have many tonal options but on it's own it just isn't capable of metal except maybe some thrash that is light on the gain.

A lot of its gain comes from it's power tubes so don't expect light thrash metal tones until you crank it. It is also a very loud amp. Do not buy this to crank it, you wont be able to do so without pissing people off.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by cliff_em_all
No. you want a low wattage amp to do hard rock you spend 100 more and get an EVA.
... Or do you get an EVA, which is great if you live in the UK and want a single channel amp that's strictly British voiced with no FX loop. Though they do appear to have the same knobs Blackstar uses
Quote by Marty Friedman