maple
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
Personally, I love the look and feel of a Maple board. But I play an Ebony one at the minute. Both are far nicer than Rosewood to me.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I love maple fretboards, they looks so awesome, especially on white guitars.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
prefer the feel of rosewood, but the look of maple. i'm a little SOL
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I prefer the look and feel of maple, but I think a rosewood would fit my needs better.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Rosewood i guess, feels nicer to me, maple necks can look damn sexy though
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Last edited by dan ramP at Dec 1, 2009,
I don't really notice that much of a difference between the two in the sound department. However, I think that as for looks, it really depends on the guitar.
I personally think that my red SG would look very odd with a maple fretboard, and in the same way my black Strat would look odd with rosewood or ebony.
I prefer rosewood,never really been a fan of maple.

But let's be honest,Brazilian and the other exotics are where it's at.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I like maple for both. It just seems to play smoother for me, and it looks better too.
UG's Prodigal Son
I only own two guitars: both have rosewood fretboard. But I'd prefer maple if I was given a choice (Ibanez, I'm talking to you!).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
My Lead II has a maple fretboard, but my Schecter has a Rosewood... I like the look and feel of maple, but rosewood is alright.
i've always played on rosewood. except my schecter c-1 has ebony, but doesnt seem too different. so i would have to say a i prefer rosewood.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I own a guitar with maple and a guitar with rosewood. I can honestly say that I prefer maple and that the idea that maple slows you down is myth meant to drive up the demand of ebony since it sounds closest to maple, but is much less and companies want money. I own a guitar with ebony too, it's hype, it really comes down to what kind of edge you want on your tone, and I like the attack maple gives.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Ascetically it depends on the guitar for me. Feel-wise probably rosewood.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Rosewood. But I like guitars that look good with rosewood.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Aesthetically, it depends on the guitar, but feel-wise, tone-wise, and most of the time aesthetically, it's gotta be maple for me. I find guitars with maple fingerboards to have a slightly brighter top end to them, which works out well for me with my high output pickups and high gain amps I use

That being said though, I've played some fantastic sounding and feeling guitars with rosewood fretboards. Haven't ventured into the land of exotic woods...yet :p
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by aznrockerdude
I only own two guitars: both have rosewood fretboard. But I'd prefer maple if I was given a choice (Ibanez, I'm talking to you!).

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG1550M-Electric-Guitar-501362-i1435784.gc

Thar ya go.

I love the look of Maple but it'd take a while for me to get used to playing it because I only own Rosewood fretboards.
No means maybe