I have to type up documents for my English class using Microsoft Word and my teacher keeps asking for a word count. I know how to see how many words i have already, but i was wondering if there was a way to display it once i print the paper or if i just have to write down how many there are after each line.
Surely she just wants a count for the whole piece?

What practical reason could anyone have for knowing how many words per line?
If you need it as a requirement on the paper you could just take a screen shot of how many words you have and attach it to your assignment.
sounds like a lazy teacher.
I'd just giver him/her an electronic copy so he/she can open it and see for himself/herself.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Insert > Field > NumWords

Should do the trick.
Just make sure you go Right Click > Update Field each time you edit the number of words in the document.
(This is only for the version of Office I currently have. If yours is different, I have no idea.)

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
You can always take the obvious route and manually type the word count in a corner.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by osXtiger
sounds like a lazy teacher.
I'd just giver him/her an electronic copy so he/she can open it and see for himself/herself.

How old are you?

How does this sound like a lazy teacher, more than likely he/she is going to grade 40+ copies of these papers and can't be arsed to count how many words there are in every one.

As for TS, just write the wordcount in at the bottom.
Insert > Field > NumWords Should do the trick. Just make sure you go Right Click > Update Field each time you edit the number of words in the document. (This is only for the version of Office I currently have. If yours is different, I have no idea.)

This.

First time I read the thread's title as 'word ****'. Seems I'm still a teenager:P, or it's time for sleep(it's almost 0:30am here).
Last edited by Gh. at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by hawttieblonde69
How old are you?

How does this sound like a lazy teacher, more than likely he/she is going to grade 40+ copies of these papers and can't be arsed to count how many words there are in every one.

As for TS, just write the wordcount in at the bottom.

You really think teachers actually count words even if they are grading a single paper? Really? Word number requirements are just used to outline a rough length requirement.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.