You can use a pencil to do pretty much the same thing. Just rub pencil lead into the grooves on your nut and that should lubricate it pretty good.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Or even better: get a graphite nut.

You may discover that your problems aren't with the nut, either. They might be from your tuners.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Or even better: get a graphite nut.

You may discover that your problems aren't with the nut, either. They might be from your tuners.

I have locking tuners. the problem results from my nut and tremolo. Im getting a graphite nut in the future but for now i just want a quick fix. Does anyone know how much use you get out of one tube of the nut sauce?
Quote by SimplyBen
You can use a pencil to do pretty much the same thing. Just rub pencil lead into the grooves on your nut and that should lubricate it pretty good.

+1 cheaper than a bottle of nutz sauce.

If your guitar is not staying in tune, have you checked if your locking nuts are sufficiently tight... or have you damaged the nuts by tightening it too much, so much so that it no longer locks the strings in place?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Use a graphite pencil and just shave the lead into the nut slots. It's basically free dude.

And I love the name nut sauce. I was going to buy it a while back because of the dirty name haha. Classic.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack