Hi UG,

I am faced with the task of purchasing a new guitar soon. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a few options.
-Carvin DC135- 600USD from a friend
-Jackson DKMG
-Ibanez Prestige (s series or RG)
-Ibanez REissues
-Ibanez Xiphos (27 fretter)
-PRS SE custom 24
-Washburn WM24something the 800 dollar one
If you guys could pick through those guitars and find one that best fits metal/death/hardcore AND clean jazz/blues that would be awesome.
If you have other suggestions please let me know.
Budget is around 1200 MAX (USD)
THANK YOU!

Oh I almost forgot, I have a mesa dual rectumfrier to work with so no worries there.
GOAC FTW

Quote by Samdroid

"Hey, baby, you ready for me?"
"Yeah, let's do it all night long!"
"HHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH" *pshshshhshshshht*

^^^ A cat shitting in a guitar case. ^^^
Last edited by Mikilangelop at Dec 1, 2009,
I have the same budget and have looked at most of these guitars. Really like the PRS SE Singlecut. Its similar to the Custom. =]
Check out my fitness blog here
ive heard that the prs' have nice chunky tone but clean up nice. Thats what I want, but there are still other options. It's killing me man, the money is burning holes in my pockets! ARGHH!
GOAC FTW

Quote by Samdroid

"Hey, baby, you ready for me?"
"Yeah, let's do it all night long!"
"HHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH" *pshshshhshshshht*

^^^ A cat shitting in a guitar case. ^^^
I really like the Carvin, but it might not be thick and heavy enough for your type of music. Your best bet there probably is the PRS.
UG's Prodigal Son
You can have any of those, with the right amp and pickups you'll do fine.
I'd say the PRS, swap the pickups to a versatile set JB/Jazz, D-Sonic/Air Norton, Tone Zone/Paf Pro, Tone Zone/ Evo Neck
Carvin with a pup swap.

The best quality guitar amongst all of those IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.