i bought a little bullshit line 6 spider ll to practice on and that amp fvckn sux! at guitar center they got a blackstar ht-5 with matching full stack for $485. the amp sounds decent but it lacks in bottom crunch. are those cabs with that amp worth a damn? what can i do to get a good new/death metal tone out of that blackstar?
the amp can't exactly do death on its own but it can get close, with a pedal as a boost you could get what you are looking for though
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Quote by NnjRik
the amp can't exactly do death on its own but it can get close, with a pedal as a boost you could get what you are looking for though

the cab for that amp worth a damn? what od pedal would u recommend?
Quote by lust of decay
i bought a little bullshit line 6 spider ll to practice on and that amp fvckn sux! at guitar center they got a blackstar ht-5 with matching full stack for $485. the amp sounds decent but it lacks in bottom crunch. are those cabs with that amp worth a damn? what can i do to get a good new/death metal tone out of that blackstar?

Blackstar cabs are weak. You could get a new cab with a V30 or something and an OD pedal and you'd be set.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by lust of decay
what can i do to get a good new/death metal tone out of that blackstar?

Look into another amp maybe? I didn't care for the blackstar or its cabs, and while its got more gain than most low wattage tube amps...you're not going to get a tight death metal sound out of it...you might be able to get close with the right pedal...but you're best bet would be to get an amp geared towards the sound you're looking for. What exact bands do you want your amp to sound like?
Quote by eyebanez333
Look into another amp maybe? I didn't care for the blackstar or its cabs, and while its got more gain than most low wattage tube amps...you're not going to get a tight death metal sound out of it...you might be able to get close with the right pedal...but you're best bet would be to get an amp geared towards the sound you're looking for. What exact bands do you want your amp to sound like?

carcass, obituary, dimmu borgir.... i like a dark tone, but dont want it to get muddy. i had the 5150 ll fja mod, and a 6505 combo. those amps like arse at low volume. i need something under a 100 watts. no gigging. just jamming at the house
The HT-5 isn't really going to be any good for that modern metal stuff. With only 5 watts on tap you'll probably end up with power tube saturation - which you don't want when you're playing metal.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...