So today is NGD!!! I know most of you will look at the picture, and pass by, probably laughing at me for buying an Ovation, but guess what...? YOU CAN SUCK MY BALLS.

I was looking for an acoustic that looked good. Considering I come from a metal background, I wanted something black. I was also looking to avoid ugly ass inlays. I went to guitar center and tried around 3 dozen guitars and at first glance, this one shined before even picking it up. The only one that sounded better than this was a Gibson $2000 acoustic.

The guitar sounds great both unplugged, and plugged. It feels amazing. I was worried about it sliding off of my lap like most people say, but it has a strip of 'sandpaper' on the back that keeps it firmly in place. The finish is phenominal. Quite unique for an acoustic. The back of the guitar is finished to match the front exactly, so you can't tell where the plastic ends and wood begins. I won't have to worry about fingerprints anytime soon. I really like the black, tapered fretboard without inlays.

So, as my first acoustic, while I heard a number of people say 'stay away from ovation', they can eat it.The only guitar that sounded better(to me) than this was 2000$.

Isnt that exactly the same as the seven sig but with out the inlay?, I really like it and I never heard to much bad about ovations
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Yeah, I've played plenty of acoustics, and the only ones that play a lot better are the high end Gibsons, Taylors, and Martins.
But I don't play too much acoustic... mostly just for songwriting (not much of that) and messing around.
I wish Ovation still made solid bodies, but oh well... I never really was a fan of the way this particular series looked (unless all of them look that way) but I heard someone play one and it sounded amazing. Congrats.
i'm seriously interested in an ovation, as they are one of the thinest bodied guitars i know, and the fact i've been playing electric since i started.
how does it feel compared to an electric, i'm just wondering as there are not ovation dealers near me so i can't play any?
by the way hngd
Quote by syntheticocean
but guess what...? YOU CAN SUCK MY BALLS.

oh god i lol'd for like 5 minutes.

HNGD!!
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by Winman9999
Isnt that exactly the same as the seven sig but with out the inlay?, I really like it and I never heard to much bad about ovations

The only differences are the inlays, the white binding, and the neck isn't painted black. I much prefer the look of this one.
Quote by britishsligean
i'm seriously interested in an ovation, as they are one of the thinest bodied guitars i know, and the fact i've been playing electric since i started.
how does it feel compared to an electric, i'm just wondering as there are not ovation dealers near me so i can't play any?
by the way hngd

I'm the same way. This is my first acoustic, and this feels like a good change for me. it is harder to play, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

I've been playing for like 2 hours straight now and my fingers are pretty sore, but playing electric doesn't really build callouses after playing for so long. I'm sure this will bring them back.

I ordered from AMS, and what I didn't know is that it comes WITH an ovation Softshell case which is extremely durable. I ordered the hardshell with it and now I have 2 cases for it. :-/

Oh well, cause when I placed the order for it, I called it in to get a price reduction because on AMS the price with the hardshell would have been 720$ and on MusiciansFriend it would be 680$ but I much prefer AMS. So before I got off the phone, the woman sold it to me with the hardshell for 595$. Basically they took 5$ off the guitar and threw in a free hardshell.

Its my christmas present from the girlfriend. I 'spose this one's primed for a proposal, don't you think?
I guess I can suck your balls and eat it.

I hope you enjoy it!

Woah Edit: The GUITAR, not the ball sucking.
Quote by GC Shred Off
I guess I can suck your balls and eat it.

I hope you enjoy it!

Woah Edit: The GUITAR, not the ball sucking.

I have to commend you for the respect! First time in years I've seen someone disagree on a forum so delightfully!
Hey there's nothing wrong with buying an Ovation. I use to like mine a lot more but I've graduated to a different sound. Mine was pretty bright and too shallow for my taste but the playability is amazing. The neck is thinner than some electrics- so easy to play.
Congrats!