Hey guys, right now I'm running a 5150 halfstack, I'm not really likeing the tone I'm getting out of it, I don't know what it is not enough sustain or something. Anyways, I have a 10 band eq that I have in the loop that really helps and a Zw OD infront as well as a ns-2. My question is do you guys have any good heavy metal 10 band eq settings? I'm quite new to the whole graphic eq thing, also I play ONLY heavy metal, mostly lamb of god, ashes of the wake era. Thanks!
Gain on the Ten Band is not the same as gain on the amp. The gain controls the input signal strength. I wouldn't recommend putting it past 0 dB as it may cause the pedal to clip.

My only advice is play around with the EQ and find a setting you like.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Which cab are you running your 5150 through?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Just experiment. Sure, we can throw out 300 suggestions on what to set it as but if you don't like it, we're no help.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by no.mop
Which cab are you running your 5150 through?
This.

Changing your speakers or tubes to adjust the tone will improve the sound of an amp much more than altering it with an EQ pedal.

You can use an EQ for that final extra bit of fine tone shaping, or as a solo boost, but it will not fix a problem with your rig.
Quote by kyle62
This.

Changing your speakers or tubes to adjust the tone will improve the sound of an amp much more than altering it with an EQ pedal.

You can use an EQ for that final extra bit of fine tone shaping, or as a solo boost, but it will not fix a problem with your rig.
+1

EQ Pedals are for fine-tuning the sound.
Quote by kyle62
This.

I found far more difference (improvement in tone) with my EQ than with swapping the speaker or tubes with my Valveking.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I found far more difference (improvement in tone) with my EQ than with swapping the speaker or tubes with my Valveking.

yeah same here, I Found a much bigger difference in my madison amp with an eq than a change of speakers
volume slider at -6db
31.25Hz at +3db
62.5Hz at +4db
125hz at +6db
250Hz at -1db
500Hz at -6db
1KHz at 0db
2KHz, 4KHz and 6KHz at +5db
16KHz at -1db
gain slider at +7/8db

theres a setting for you
I shouldn't post when drunk..