Page 1 of 2
Hi guys, i am soon moving back to the U.S. after 11 years of being absent, yes in that transission i had made several trips back to the US but that is just that, some trips.

Well i am not that aware of how the economy is set up right now but i want to know how much would be the average food expenses of a single person living in the states at the moment. Also i know this would depend on where your going to be living, in my case, Delaware.

Any kind of info on how this things are right now would be super usefull guys.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I dunno, how much is a big mac & co these days?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Dude, this is a bit serious here -,-

Could you guys leave this jokes a bit aside for a bit?

Depends on what you buy for food. I would not recommend cereal, that stuff is expensive.
Angus = god
Lets say healthy food. You guys can share from personal experience what is best and what you invest also saying what you eating and things like that.

Here's an idea..

Go look at the Giant Eagle online advertisement. =]
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Quote by Kensai

That'll be about tree fiddy
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Is there anyone in this pit with a brain? OMG. Kids...

Cash is so shit.

Also if it helps I bought a loaf of Texas toast the other day for about $2.50. Beef is expensive as hell, pork and chicken less so, and Ramen is still like tree fiddy for twelve of them.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Heilz

Pit..Brain..IMPOSSIBLE

all seriousness, go to grocery store ( don't live in America don't ask me good places) ask person who works there questions about..Food?
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
um if by health you mean fresh fruit and veg, it will prob be expensive, i cant really say for over there, but i spend about $250 a week for 3 people in austraila
Quote by SteveHouse
Cash is so shit.

Also if it helps I bought a loaf of Texas toast the other day for about $2.50. Beef is expensive as hell, pork and chicken less so, and Ramen is still like tree fiddy for twelve of them.

This guy helped me more than you whole guys...

Could someone else with brains keep it coming?

How much can you spend per day? And I'm sure there are prices online somewhere. If not, there's always oatmeal. Lots and lots of oatmeal.

Quote by sw1ss023
That'll be about tree fiddy

Oh alright here you g- waaaait a minute!! it's you!
Quote by Heilz
Lets say healthy food. You guys can share from personal experience what is best and what you invest also saying what you eating and things like that.
Man 95% of the Pit are living off their parents, they have no idea what raw foodstuffs actually cost.

The chances of you catching someone in the Pit from Delaware who has actually bought a weeks worth of food shopping is slim-to-none.
Quote by Heilz

This is The Pit dude. It will be difficult to get a straight answer.
Quote by Heilz

I'm in Canada, I spend about $30-50 on food a week. Though I dont buy things like cereal, juice, sweets or any junk food. I make everything in bulk, so like a big pot of chili, cheap n easy to make and can last week depending on how much you make.
Quote by breakingxxcore
Here's an idea..

Go look at the Giant Eagle online advertisement. =]

stop being stupid and do that

this is the Pit, you're problems are only good if they are funny.

also, hunt cats and eat them, they taste like chiken
Lemme see, my family of 6 goes to Walmart/Target/Other food stores, about every 2-3 weeks, and we usually spend around $250. I really don't know what you would want to eat, Just make sure you have at least $100 at all times for food.

Its always cheaper to buy from a Grocery store than a resturant though.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Lemme see, my family of 6 goes to Walmart/Target/Other food stores, about every 2-3 weeks, and we usually spend around $250. I really don't know what you would want to eat, Just make sure you have at least $100 at all times for food.

Its always cheaper to buy from a Grocery store than a resturant though.

Im not wanting to eat gourmet-like foods xD as long as they keep me alive i think i can bear with the flavor and such... And i am planning to buy from groceries /hint

www.safeway.com

Click online grocery delivery, put in zip code of where you will be living, select "browse store". There you can see prices and even put together a virtual shopping cart to see the total.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
www.safeway.com

Click online grocery delivery, put in zip code of where you will be living, select "browse store". There you can see prices and even put together a virtual shopping cart to see the total.

Does not delivers to delaware...

Quote by Heilz
Does not delivers to delaware...

Are you trying to make this hard on yourself?

He suggested it to give you a rough idea of what typical items would cost.

My god...
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Well, a pack of Ramen could suffice for one meal, and you can get 12 of those for about $2.00 around here in the midwest.

I'd stay away from fast food if I were you, they be robbin niggas nowadays.

Buy food in bulk if you have the opportunity.
I'm Back.

[STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS]

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart
it depends on the kind of food you buy. $30 a week is a very workable budget as far as food goes (although youll probably want to spluge everyone and awhile). you just cant buy frozen, or prepackaged foods as those are way too expensive for a small budget. you more or less have to make everything from scratch. it usually tastes better that way, so really its not that much of a problem. potatoes, roasting chickens, chicken thighs, london broil, hotdogs, rice, etc are your friend in this situation.

once you learn some cheap meals that are still tasty, its really not a problem to be on a low food budget. just plan for a high grocery bill the first time you go out as its when you have to buy everything; salt, pepper, ziplocks, plastic wrap, mustard, ketchup, mayo, etc. after that, those things just rotate in and out of your weekly food expenses.

buy meats on sale, and freeze them and stock up a pantry with canned foods, pastas, etc when you find them on sale. if youre interested in cheap recipes at all, i could probably post a few that i like.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
it depends on the kind of food you buy. $30 a week is a very workable budget as far as food goes (although youll probably want to spluge everyone and awhile).

My friend, I like to spluge as often as I can...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
My friend, I like to spluge as often as I can...

you remind me of one of my housemates. he probably asks me to loan him money once week...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Kensai
How much can you spend per day? And I'm sure there are prices online somewhere. If not, there's always oatmeal. Lots and lots of oatmeal.

First of all, oatmeal is repulsive unless consumed with copious amounts of cinnamon. Second, that's probably all I'll ever eat once I turn 70, so I might as well enjoy solid foods now while I still can.
you could eat off of $30 a week if you budget
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by Heilz

My friend lives on his own, and he usually buys this bag of frozen veggies for around $2, and that will last you a couple days for all 3 meals.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
it depends on the kind of food you buy. $30 a week is a very workable budget as far as food goes (although youll probably want to spluge everyone and awhile). you just cant buy frozen, or prepackaged foods as those are way too expensive for a small budget. you more or less have to make everything from scratch. it usually tastes better that way, so really its not that much of a problem. potatoes, roasting chickens, chicken thighs, london broil, hotdogs, rice, etc are your friend in this situation.

once you learn some cheap meals that are still tasty, its really not a problem to be on a low food budget. just plan for a high grocery bill the first time you go out as its when you have to buy everything; salt, pepper, ziplocks, plastic wrap, mustard, ketchup, mayo, etc. after that, those things just rotate in and out of your weekly food expenses.

buy meats on sale, and freeze them and stock up a pantry with canned foods, pastas, etc when you find them on sale. if youre interested in cheap recipes at all, i could probably post a few that i like.

Sir you sure are kind =D

And i would love those recipes hehe, i will be living on my own so i dont really have to worry about others and all i will be doing with my left over money is k-ching guitar savings to buy one good piece of wood :3 and one pretty good amp while im at that eventually. I wont be minding spending up to 50 a week, but if i could make it less the better it is hehe.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000
you remind me of one of my housemates. he probably asks me to loan him money once week...

I think you have misinterpreted the kind of spluging he was referring to...
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by Heilz
Sir you sure are kind =D

And i would love those recipes hehe, i will be living on my own so i dont really have to worry about others and all i will be doing with my left over money is k-ching guitar savings to buy one good piece of wood :3 and one pretty good amp while im at that eventually. I wont be minding spending up to 50 a week, but if i could make it less the better it is hehe.

Good Advice, I buy cheap frozen beef mince and chicken.
I get sauces and rice. and make curry dinners.
my sister also makes pasta bakes very often.
Good value for money, and thgey both are yum-tastic
It´s proven that a single BigMac is actually pretty healthy if you cut out the french fries.

Quote by touji-za-nai
My friend lives on his own, and he usually buys this bag of frozen veggies for around $2, and that will last you a couple days for all 3 meals.

Oo.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Last edited by Dawnwalker at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?
First of all, oatmeal is repulsive unless consumed with copious amounts of cinnamon. Second, that's probably all I'll ever eat once I turn 70, so I might as well enjoy solid foods now while I still can.

Yeah well so's your face

Quote by touji-za-nai

That's hardly healthy.

Quote by Dawnwalker
It´s proven that a single BigMac is actually pretty healthy if you cut out the french fries.

Slightly less unhealthy, perhaps. It's still the posterboy of unhealthiness.
Well ive been paying for two and ive managed to keep it around a couple to a few hundred a month. I dont eat health consciously by any sense of the word though.

A big box of ramen is no more than $10..that can usually last me a whole month

Large pizza can easily last me a whole 7 day week. Thats about $15 x 4 weeks = $60 if worse case im living off that for a month.

Fast food id say is $5 at most.

Meals when I eat out are no more than $25 after tax and those last me 2 more meals of left overs.

Groceries are like $50 for me or so. Soooo play around with combinations above..I dunno
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
hit up ramen noodles and surplus canned veggies and soup from flea markets. sometimes they got better shit like progresso soup and chef boyardee stuff. either way, can of potatoes + chicken ramen + chicken if you can afford meat is a great meal if your broke.

prices on canned stuff at flea markets here in maryland/pa is anywhere from 5cents to a buck, depending on if its brandname ect. so you could break it down to less than a buck a day if you were desperate.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Page 1 of 2