ok christmas is right around the corner and I have a hunger for some new pedals. I play i guess what you could call southern punk (think a more angry white stripes/black keys) I currently have a visual sound liquid chorus and a dunlop classic wah.

electro-harmonix micro q-tron envelope filter
electro-harmonix big muff pi
digitech whammy pedal
danelectro fish'n'chips

^^^these are the pedals i am looking at. any more to recommend? should I stay away from any of these. OH by the way I am also a bass player so If any pedal sounds good on both that is a plus. thanks!
Big Muff is a great distortion. Consider the Russian one though - less fizz on the really high notes. Also, I think Cliff Burton might have run his bass through a big muff, but I don't know if that was the bass calibrated version. I'd hold off on the filter for now - You already have a wah. Whammy... that one's really your call. Fish n' Chips - I actually had a thread about this a while back. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219494 Also, an eq pedal for guitar will not work on bass FYI. Guitar has much higher frequencies (obviously)
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
The Whammy won't work for bass without some mods.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i won't use the whammy for bass or the EQ. i like the q-tron sound on bass a lot because it sounds very funky. would the bass muff sound just as good on guitar? or would it not pick up the higher frequencies as well?