Page 1 of 6
Okay, I'm usually not a violent person but I really can't avoid it anymore. My friends are good fighters but I'm kind of embarrassed to ask them for advice. I don't have any real fighting experience so I'm not sure what to do or expect.

I'm 16 and the people I'm going to be fighting will probably be around 16-18. I'm pretty skinny but I'm not really weak. I'm going to fight some kids in a 1 on 1 and there will be more of a big 10 on 10 fight later, so I'll at least have some people to help me there.

And for anybody who comes in to say that fighting isn't the answer, it really can't be avoided at this point, so I would appreciate some real advice on what to expect, what to do etc.

So Pit, can anybody give me some useful tips on fighting?

Any help is really appreciated.

EDIT: Since everybody seems to care so much, one of my friends got jumped by about 10 kids for refusing to bring his friends into a brawl.(My friend wanted a fair 1 on 1 fight and got jumped for it). People were throwing my name around so now I'm involved too. If I refuse to fight, I'm just going to get jumped too.

I'm not trying to be tough, I'm just asking for some advice.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Last edited by maidenfan15 at Dec 1, 2009,
Dude... drunken kung fu. Jackie chan recommends it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeHA-19UT6I
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Short term? No
Long term? Get stronger or the ever optimistic - Grow up?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Whomp him. Watch some UFC
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by blackthought
If you're in America, just use a gun.

"If you're under 18, you won't be doing any time..."

hey hey! come out and play!
Quote by BassmasterGreg
why can't it be avoided?

One of my friends got jumped by about 10 kids for refusing to bring his friends into a brawl.(My friend wanted a fair 1 on 1 fight and got jumped for it). People were throwing my name around so now I'm involved too. If I refuse to fight, I'm just going to get jumped too.

Last edited by maidenfan15 at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by blackthought
If you're in America, just use a gun.

"If you're under 18, you won't be doing any time..."

Excellent tune.

TS: Punch them in the nose, thats what I've been told. Hurts a lot, bleeds easily and makes the eyes water.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by maidenfan15
I'm 16

Why do people my age always have to say that fighting is the only way? Go there with a pepper spray,that's the deal. Who cares about "fair fighting",get a pepper spray and spray that ****er up. Or just don't go. You can't tell me that your honour is more important. Jesus, do you people always have to think about fighting and fu*king everything that moves? Damn puberty...

tl;dr: Pepper spray is your answer. Sharp wits >>> strong fists
its quite simple, get the first good hit in and youll be fine.
try to step back to avoid the big haymakers that people love to throw.
if your a skinny sort of peron try and keep your distance from them, dont got tryin to wrestle with them, unless your bigger/stronger
and what ever you do dont let him get on top of you on the ground,

also, be careful of other people jumping in. and dont go kicking people when there down.
This kid is a joke. I highly doubt you're doing a 10 on 10 haha. "It really can't be avoided because everyone is doing it." Sounds like a cheesy f*cking teenage soap opera....
Quote by jhalterman
This kid is a joke. I highly doubt you're doing a 10 on 10 haha. "It really can't be avoided because everyone is doing it." Sounds like a cheesy f*cking teenage soap opera....

I already explained it. Read my second post and tell me what the hell you suggest I do.

Be faster..most young guys are too concerned about throwing the big K.O punch and leave themselves open to a bunch of quick jabs.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
instead of going 1 on 1..go 27 on 1, that way, you are more likely to win, that is of course, if you bring the 27. and they are not 27

or go with the gun..or a sword
Beating them bi, you gotta giz em' a jangle get yer drunkon smoke sum bud n meth bi
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
I also lol'd at the 10 on 10 fight.
Seriously if you have to PLAN on fighting, how many people will be involved, who they are, etc.
REALLY? It obviously CAN be avoided.
Watch UFC religiously til the fight......Then think you'll be able to fight like them and get your ass beat cause you can't.
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by sw1ss023
Whomp him. Watch some UFC

Didn't this die recently?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
im a big believer in solving problems without violence. i think violence doesn't prove anything or solve any problems, EVER. the only time i would resort to violence is in an act of self defense and it wouldn't be fighting, i'd just flat out murder someone. that being said i think you should not go and if someone jumps you, then kill them.
Quote by maidenfan15
One of my friends got jumped by about 10 kids for refusing to bring his friends into a brawl.(My friend wanted a fair 1 on 1 fight and got jumped for it). People were throwing my name around so now I'm involved too. If I refuse to fight, I'm just going to get jumped too.

hmm

so it can be avoided?

Your just sticking to your own code of honour and seemigly being manipulated by what others think of you.

I doubt fighting will improve the situation.
Quote by maidenfan15
I already explained it. Read my second post and tell me what the hell you suggest I do.

I suggest you:

a) grow up (that last poster was right, what's up with kids and HAVING to fight? gay a** UFC...)
b) get a sh*tload of new friends
c) grow up some more
d) cheat

Pepper spray, brass knuckles, baseball bat with nails, etc...
dont try and plan it out everything happens way to fast. Pretend he killed ur mom or something
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
Mindset.

Think to yourself, 'this guy is trying to hurt me, and there is no fvcking way he should be allowed to get away with that, I'm gonna hurt this guy real bad'
Go in with the intention of doing some serious damage, man, act like it's life or death.
VIOLENCE IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!!

That said, don't ever make the first move. Keep your distance until the other guy gets frustrated and attacks wildly. you'll get called a pussy for like five minutes, but then you'll win. In the big one, try and get into single combat with one of the other guys. don't try to take more than one person by yourself. Don't get on the ground ever, even to beat someone while they're down, which is a dick move anyway.. One idea might be to keep your distance and let everyone else fight while you throw the occasional punch from the side. You won't get hurt and you'll be able to easily tear into the last exhausted guy or two at the end. Again, you may get called a pussy, but you'll win.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by Rizzo228
Beating them bi, you gotta giz em' a jangle get yer drunkon smoke sum bud n meth bi

This
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I never understood kids and planning fights. Always seemed like more of an in the moment thing to me.
Run at them naked, the latent homophobia in the majority of men will scatter them before you as dust on the wind.
if there jumping people **** the fair fight idea right off cos it wont happen
they will show up with as many people as they can, either bring like 1000 people with you or dont show up, it sounds like your gonna get ****ed up when you go to the 10 on 10 fight
okay assuming you play guitar you could take that to fight and melt the other guys face off
Quote by Aussie_skater
Watch UFC religiously til the fight......Then think you'll be able to fight like them and get your ass beat cause you can't.

Hahaha, genius xD
Quote by sw1ss023
This

Beat em bi, just dont throw the first punch
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi