hey, i was looking up a tab for "In Your Atmosphere (LA Song)" by John Mayer (Live version), and checked out what tuning its in, and it says...
"Tuning: low to high E B E F# B E"
I just want to make sure exactly how many steps to lower, or maybe raise(?) each string. I'm not sure about the tabber's order of the strings, like if he means low PITCH to high PITCH, or lowest to highest when you're holding the guitar. So if someone could help me, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks...

And WTF is the name of this tuning? I think JM may have just made it up.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Tune the A and D strings up a full step, tune the G string down a half step, and there you go. I think it is just a random tuning JM came up with. Good luck playing it though! And make sure to go slow with the tuners. Don't rush and risk breaking the strings.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
Tune the A and D strings up a full step, tune the G string down a half step, and there you go. I think it is just a random tuning JM came up with. Good luck playing it though! And make sure to go slow with the tuners. Don't rush and risk breaking the strings.

ahh thanks alot bro. yeah, you gotta be real careful tuning up. but i love this song, and really want to learn it, but it will probably take some time. JM is God.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
No problem. Make sure you pick a good tab for it, if that's how you're going to learn it. Some of the tabs I have found just sound way off. But good luck!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5