I spelled accessories wrong didn't I?

So, I've always had a fascination not with instruments but with the accessories FOR the instruments. I was more fascinated with Jim Dunlop and Ernie Ball than Les Paul and Leo Fender. Same thing with drum sticks. I obsessed over Vic Firth instead of Neil Peart.

It's not healthy, I know. Every music teacher says it. "That doesn't matter, it doesn't make you sound good." But I always ignored it.

So, in my spare time I'm gonna write a book on 'em. The question is: Would you buy it?
Let's say it's cheap. $5 or $7. Would you even bother with it?
I would. Assuming you go deep, not "this is a pickture (haha) of a pick, you strum guitars with it..."
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I would absolutely buy that. Amps, Pedals, strings, picks, Cables. Sounds like a good read.
Sounds like a good one. Don't see much books on accessories ever.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by VanTheKraut
I would. Assuming you go deep, not "this is a pickture (haha) of a pick, you strum guitars with it..."

If you actually go deep, cover all the key grounds and include brands that UG then to throw around, make it like a cross-reference directory, have something constructive like pros, cons, applications of the gear, complementary gear, alternative gear etc...

If its gonna be like 20 pages... I ain't paying $3 for it.

If its gonna be like a few hunderd pages of comprehensive details on gear, I'd definitely get it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Sounds like a great idea. You could probably get some gear reviews/opinions and other info here. GB&C would definitely help with some of the more technical stuff.

Only problem I can see is just the volume of gear out there and the fact that new stuff comes out all the time. You could probably end up writing 100 pages just on overdrive pedals.
If you do it well, it could be interesting.
You'd have to go really in depth.
Quote by ghiyath
well then maybe you should go into the amp/pedal building business...

Odd you mention it. I just started my first amp build. It's a little cigar box-like thing. I also started making some cables. I don't know about pedals though.
Quote by robertito696
Sounds like a great idea. You could probably get some gear reviews/opinions and other info here. GB&C would definitely help with some of the more technical stuff.

Only problem I can see is just the volume of gear out there and the fact that new stuff comes out all the time. You could probably end up writing 100 pages just on overdrive pedals.

I did see this as a huge problem. I also saw using names like Marshall and Fender in my book.

I actually have about 17 pages on overdrive pedals and 27 pages on Wah-Wah pedals.

I may need to cut down on the 58-page Mesa Boogie chapter.
I would due a e-book in PDF form, then you could update it easier if something good you want to mention comes out
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
Quote by racertj5
I would due a e-book in PDF form, then you could update it easier if something good you want to mention comes out

If I did that I'd just post it for free.
You know, if you actually GET AROUND to writing it... I'm sure UGers would actually love to contribute to it so long as you gave credit where credit was due.

All you need to do then is compile and update. You don't have to take on the massive brunt of the workload yourself. Hell I'd contribute.

UG is loaded with a ton of resources... you just need to sift the bad data from the good
data.

EDIT:

As seeing that the TS doesn't seem to check UG regularly... would any group of individuals be keen to work together on this massive challenge.

If other forums can come together to put books to get (Guide to tweaking Windows), I don't see why a forum of gear whores can't do it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Dec 8, 2009,