Hoyoo!

Im after a new guitar, and as i'm an Ibanez nazi, i'm taking the narrow minded path and am going to get another.

i think it has come down to.. JEM555 vs RG2570

Ones a signature.. but made in Korea

Ones a sick RG.. and made in Japan.

doesnt look good for the JEM, but ive never played one.

whats the verdict?
*Enter Sig Here*
As far as I know,the JEM555 is just a Korean RG with Dimarzio pups and some Vai aesthetics.

You'd be foolish to not take the Japanese RG.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Definitely the RG. The 555 isnt a 'real' JEM, and is terrible for the price. The price gets bumped up heaps because of the JEM name, when really its just an RG350 with some cosmetic upgrades. No question, the Prestige RG beats it hands down.
The RG. Better price, more for your money. Why get what's basically a cosmetic upgrade when you can get the real deal?
i read that they wernt just a cosmetic upgrade as such, apparently there was a limited run of JEM333 that were a RG350 with atheistic upgrades, (and INF pickups LOL!)

but yeah, ahk, Japanese RG it is
*Enter Sig Here*
RG2550/2570 for me please.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
2570. If you have to ask, well.......... Cmon Man! Trust your gut, we may be speaking out the butt.

(But we're not. Get the 555 most of this forum will eat your face)

just kidding of course.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Last edited by Empty Box at Dec 1, 2009,
lol, im keen for clarification is all.

i knew the 555 was korean, but i dont know the specs that its made too, thus the asking.
*Enter Sig Here*
im not a huge fan of Vai thus never really looked into it.

i didnt know if the necks on his guitars were made so some magical specification and are ALL awesome.

apparently not.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
im not a huge fan of Vai thus never really looked into it.

i didnt know if the necks on his guitars were made so some magical specification and are ALL awesome.

apparently not.

His top range models maybe.

but not the 555.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.