hows this package for recreational home use only?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/PreSonus-Audiobox-USB-Recording-Package-772937-i1394696.gc

if you know of a better on for exactly the same price or lower(in $) please feel free to voice your opinion.

i will be running apod 2.0 through the speakers, and the mics will be used for recording onto cds or mp3s(like ug and myspace)
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Last edited by westdyolf at Dec 1, 2009,
PreSonus makes great interfaces and the MXL990 is my #1 mic right now in the studio for vocals however I've never had the time to try the Audiobox interface in person...

It looks like a nice deal and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun as well as get a lot of use from it all.

BTW, be very careful with the shock mount on that 990 mic....I broke mine a week after buying it. I am careful with my gear but this thing is made with very cheap materials...

And yea as said below, the monitors are not outstanding but they are good to start on. I do think the mic is something you'll love and keep around though.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 2, 2009,
it wont take you long to want to upgrade the mic, and probably the monitors, but it should be pretty good to get you started.
Recommended threads
SG whammy
ratso
Last post:
by MastaBassist10
Delete
unforgiven_hope
Last post:
by unforgiven_hope