I'm trying to find a guitar to fit my needs for $1000 or under. The most important thing for it is to have two humbuckers, though I have plans to put my own pickups in it. I also need a floyd rose bridge that will stay in tune with A LOT of abuse. I'd like it to be a very lightweight guitar, good for really moving around with on stage. And of course it needs to be made out of sturdy and high quality parts with a good feeling neck. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Ibanez prestige model with a pup swap?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Hmm well maybe it was just new strings in the store (hah) but I tried a $900 ibanez at Guitar Center and the bridge just wouldn't stay in tune.
Quote by p0w3r0f2
Hmm well maybe it was just new strings in the store (hah) but I tried a $900 ibanez at Guitar Center and the bridge just wouldn't stay in tune.

That's probably the problem.

I'd be willing to bet that it wasn't set up well at all.A properly set up edge pro trem will hold tune very well,or at least every one I've ever used has.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

hmm... what about other forms of the edge bridge? thanks btw, I'll probably have to find one to try...
Quote by p0w3r0f2
hmm... what about other forms of the edge bridge? thanks btw, I'll probably have to find one to try...

Edge III = soft metal,wears out quickly

Lo-trs = Just bad on so many levels

Those are the main ones to avoid.Any prestige model will have a nice trem,same thing for older models that have an original edge or an edge lo-pro.The S series trems are very nice as well,especially the trem on the newer S5470.IIRC you can get them for around $1000 new if you shop around,and they're great light weight guitars with very fast and playable necks.

Ibanez uses very nice trems on their upper level models (I.E. RG and S prestige models). The Edge Pro and the ZR are very nice systems; the Edge Zero is an unknown quantity.

The Edge III is a reasonably OK trem; it's far better than a Lo-TRS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Ibanez uses very nice trems on their upper level models (I.E. RG and S prestige models). The Edge Pro and the ZR are very nice systems; the Edge Zero is an unknown quantity.

The Edge III is a reasonably OK trem; it's far better than a Lo-TRS.

Yeah,the edge III is actually a very nice trem as far as design and function goes,but it's the lack luster quality of the materials used to make it that give it its reputation as a horrible trem.The lo-trs not only used sh*t quality materials,but the design also sucked IMO.

Schecter hellraiser series and i believe there is a schecter blackjack FR model as well. They fit all your criteria.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Carvin DC127 or ST300. Might be a bit over a thousand but you get OFR, high quality woods of your choice. lightweight. Great guitars, much better value than anything else out there.
Quote by stratman7
Carvin DC127 or ST300. Might be a bit over a thousand but you get OFR, high quality woods of your choice. lightweight. Great guitars, much better value than anything else out there.

True.

Carvin has a quality to price ratio that's nearly unmatched by other major brands.

Ibanez RG1550M/1570.

They're right on the $1000 mark though so unless you're willing to go used, or have a separate budget for pickups, you'll have to live with the V7/V8 combo the guitar comes with - which isn't the worst fate ever.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Pr0gNut
Yeah,the edge III is actually a very nice trem as far as design and function goes,but it's the lack luster quality of the materials used to make it that give it its reputation as a horrible trem.The lo-trs not only used sh*t quality materials,but the design also sucked IMO.

exactly. It's a very well designed trem, but the metal it's made of is shit.

holy crap, I just had an awesome idea: hardened steel Edge III replicas.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.