To see my gear refer to my sig. Also, to make this easy to identify, here are some details on the humming/buzz.

Goes away with less volume
Goes away with less gain (well dur)
Goes away with no cable plugged into the amp's input
Goes away with guitar's volume knobs rolled down to 0
Switching cables makes no difference
Switching outlets (including various ones around the house) makes no difference.
Dies down a little when a metal part on the guitar is touched (strings, bridge, pickups, etc.)

So, with this information, what kind of problem do I have (other than saying "get a new amp dat sux lol" I can't afford one right now), and what can I do to remedy this situation.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
have you hand tightened your guitars output jack recently?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
have you hand tightened your guitars output jack recently?

Nope, never ever had any problems with the input jack. I've plugged my guitars into other amps and never experienced any problems.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

To me it sounds like a grounding issue? Has any electrical work or damaged been done to your house recently? Maybe a a ground wire in the guitar? have you tried a different guitar?
Quote by CrysisFX
To me it sounds like a grounding issue? Has any electrical work or damaged been done to your house recently? Maybe a a ground wire in the guitar? have you tried a different guitar?

I've tried other guitars, a friend's Ibanez RG and another's Schecter C1. Still had the problem.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Scutchington
Nope, never ever had any problems with the input jack. I've plugged my guitars into other amps and never experienced any problems.

some amps "amplify" grounding issues more than others.

so a slight grounding issue, through one amp might be a horrid grounding issue thru another.

all i can say, is take off the jack check that that those wires are attached.

then if good, open the back cavity and see if any of the wires are detached in there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011