Hi everyone.
Is there a chance that a passive Seymore Duncan Invader pickup can lose its grunt over a period of 10 or so years. And can a Passive Pickup wear out.
Thanks for any help.
passive pups don't generally wear out as you say. Most likely, a solder connection went bad/old or loose. I think there are some ways that the magnets can lose strength though. Like if you bring them near electromagnetic fields or something. Don't know 100% though.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by mess4sam
Hi everyone.
Is there a chance that a passive Seymore Duncan Invader pickup can lose its grunt over a period of 10 or so years. And can a Passive Pickup wear out.
Thanks for any help.

Not likely, unless you did something to demagnetise the magnet.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
-.- have you been storing your guitar in a furnace again -.-

Magnetization is the event of the magnetic dipoles of the atoms in an element aligning. This alignment can be altered by things such as temperature, AC (alternating current) and specific radio waves (the principle a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine works on).

So unless you live next to the imaging department of a hospital, store your guitar in excessive temperatures or leave the mains current running through it at all times, your pickup's magnets are fine. Yeah... I finished High School Physics

It could be that the coils on the pickup are starting to deteriorate, meaning it needs a recoiling, but i doubt it, that's something usually only seen in vintage equipment.

My best guess is that your ear is maturing and your starting to appreciate better tone?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
My best guess is that your ear is maturing and your starting to appreciate better tone?

very very possible. Get that with my old gear.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Thanks for all the help fellas but I don't live anywhere near a hospital so that option is out.