I have about $100 to spend on an overdrive pedal and also maybe a distortion. I really am looking at BOSS'. So what should I get?

The DS-1 Distortion + SD-1 SUPER OverDrive

The 0S-2 Overdrive/Distortion

OR

Just The OD-3 OverDrive
Gear:

Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Thinline
Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
What do you play? I just bought an MI Audio Crunch Box off ebay for like $82. Great pedal for all kinds of rock.
Neither, if you don't like your tone, wait and buy a tube amp, an overdrive wont help Modeling/Solidstate.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
theres no reason to only look at Boss, you have other options you know.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
get an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi, its a fuzz/sustain/distortion pedal that can get you sounds from nirvana to smashing pumpkins to jimi hendrix.

I started off with a ds-1 but i was really dissapointed in it and bought the big muff, so much more worth it

Theres an american and a russian version, the only bad thing about the russian version is it doesnt have a power source so you will have to rely on batteries.
If you really need the power source you could try buy the american version but it is slightly more expensive
Quote by R.D
Neither, if you don't like your tone, wait and buy a tube amp, an overdrive wont help Modeling/Solidstate.

Yes and no. If you don't like your base tone chances are an overdrive isn't going to be your solution. Your best bet is to sell your current amp and save up for something nicer.

That said, overdrives DO make a difference even with SS/modeling amps. My Peavey Bandit 112 sounds considerably better with an overdrive in front.
Quote by Grassy
Theres an american and a russian version, the only bad thing about the russian version is it doesnt have a power source so you will have to rely on batteries.
If you really need the power source you could try buy the american version but it is slightly more expensive

You know you can buy battery clips that have a Boss style plug on them so you can power battery only pedals with an adapter.
the main reason I am looking into BOSS is my uncle works for them and said he would get me some pedals for Christmas, but ill look into the Big Muff pi
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
oh, if he can get them cheap, that's different. And you can always use them with a new amp. I'd go with the first option, the ds1 plus sd1, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you have two pedals, so you can set up two different tones on the fly (and combine them for a heavier tone; often that'll sound better than one pedal with the gain cranked up higher). Secondly, there are a bunch of mods available for them, so if you decide you don't like the tone later, you can improve them. even if you can't solder, there are people who'll mod it for you (though obviously you might decide it's not worth the extra expense).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok ill think about that
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
Quote by Grassy
get an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi, its a fuzz/sustain/distortion pedal that can get you sounds from nirvana to smashing pumpkins to jimi hendrix.

I started off with a ds-1 but i was really dissapointed in it and bought the big muff, so much more worth it

Fuzz sounds better with batteries, and big muffs are fuzz not od/dist.

I go with jonmc, buy the boss's, mod late = proft.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
If you can only get a pedal from boss, get a DS-1 and save up to get it modded by Keeley later, or get a DS-2. If you can spend $100 on any distortion you want though, get a Barber Dirty Bomb or a Hardwire SC-2. They both are really versatile and sound really good.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by boboguitar
If you can only get a pedal from boss, get a DS-1 and save up to get it modded by Keeley later, or get a DS-2. If you can spend $100 on any distortion you want though, get a Barber Dirty Bomb or a Hardwire SC-2. They both are really versatile and sound really good.

Is this what you are talking about? http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify_Your_Boss_DS_1/
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
OK ill probably get those 2 pedals and then decide if I want to mod them
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
there are loads of different mods, too. I remember a while back i downloaded the keeley mods, too, and if you check all the stompbox building/modding forums there will probably be mods there, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?