I play metal and am looking at the the Spector Rebop. But not limited to such....any thoughts?
You tried one? I hate them (spectors in general) but a lot of people like them.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
i own a spector and i absolutely love mine. nice necks, body woods, hardware, and pups.
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
yes i have tried the rebop at sam ash and really liked it but everything changes once you are using your own gear... im looking for a general consensus on peoples thoughts on these instruments. And if rebop isnt the best for me ...what is? what do you prefer?
What budget are you looking at? The same as the Rebop?

I love Spectors. I want to own a 5er someday. There's a few of the higher end USAs at my local and I just die from GASing every time I go in there. The tone is just so....wonderful.
I love my spector and I recommend them to everybody who asks about them
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Personally I love Spectors, all the bassists I hang out with love Spectors, and even the guitarists I hang out with who rag on us bassists like Spectors. If it feels good in your hands, I say do it, they are absolutely fantastic.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I love them; I want one. The first thing I realized when I went to a Sam Ash (I'm only familiar with Guitar Center) is how much more I like Spectors over Warwicks (sorry to open that can of worms...)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Tostitos
Personally I love Spectors, all the bassists I hang out with love Spectors, and even the guitarists I hang out with who rag on us bassists like Spectors. If it feels good in your hands, I say do it, they are absolutely fantastic.

Ha, I get the same thing except 90% of the bass players around here don't know what a Spector is .
Try looking for a used Euro 4/5 or Euro LX, something about a bolt-on on a Spector seems just wrong to me and the older ones have better pre-amps compared to the new "Tone-pump (dump)" ones.
The LX 5s and 6s are a bit more versatile, the pickups come factory wired for coil splitting.
That being said I absolutley love my Euro 5 and highly recommend it!
Spector are the perfect bass for metal (IMO). I have a Rebop and it gets me any tone I want. I love the neck, its sorta halfway between a P and a J, it's really comfy. Try one out if you get the chance, cos even though they're so awesome, there's still a chance you may not like it.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding