EDIT: clip in my profile =) placebo cover
however, the sound's life and warmth kind of got killed in the converting ( i record in 48k herts and had to convert it to 44.1)

it's just guitars for now, eventually i'll put some drum and bass in there and maybe some voice =)

oh, and it's calm for a minute or so before the punch gets there... did it assuming there would be vocals lol
[/EDIT]

Hey ug !
so 3 weeks ago, i made a New guitar day for my gibson SG
a week or so ago, i made a new pedal day for my carl martin flanger pedal

and as if it weren't enough...
here's a new amp day =)

and sorry for the huge pics...

oh hi there =)

so this is a fender twin amp, from the 90s, apparently... it's been used a lot, but i got it for 600 bucks. However, i split it with my singer, so it cost 300 bucks in the end.
seeing they retail for 1600 on MF, it's not that bad XD
i didn't get to try the amp that much, but i did carry it, and it's heavy as a motherfucker.
I did however play with it long enough to know that its cleans are... well worthy of the fender twin name =)
And as if it weren't enough, the overdrive channel is pretty decent.
there's also a crunch channel, which isn't that great, but it's nice to have =)

at first, i thought the effects loop was dead, which maddened me. then, i realised it was a parallel loop and that my EQ, which is first in the loop, had its volume close to 0, cutting the sound. no more problem there.
it's had a recent t00bz change, so i won't have to worry about it. i only found 2 problems. first one: the check light (on the twin amp logo) won't turn on; i unscrewed it and there's no bulb (what kind of bulb should i put in there actually?)
the other problem is that it stinks, it was in a heavy smoking environment, which is why there are dryer sheets on it (it's already better though)

i didn't need it, since i already had a traynor ycv40wr combo, which i love. however, i saw that deal on kijiji and my eyes opened wide, couldn't really believe it. i actually believe this amp is what is commonly called the ''evil twin''.. i don't know the date and i can't find the serial number, but it sure looks like one. this amp is going to our practice space, and i have yet to decide who'll use it live, between my singer and me, but i think i'll let her use the traynor and i'll use this one, since the overdrive is decent (but who cares, you can see a bit of my pedalboard on the 1st pic, i have enough dirt pedals) and i wouldn't use it that much anyways...

well in the end, thank you for reading it all and looking at my pics =) going to be a love story

tl;dr: awesome amp
Last edited by Darkflame at Dec 2, 2009,
:O

HNAD, now run along and buy you singer out on it
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Happy New Amp Day!
I also should celebrate that today, I got a new amp today but have no pics yet.
I'll make a thread tomorrow morning, is a nice one too!
Quote by Darkflame
then happy new amp day bud =)

these last 2 years have been 2 amazing gear years for me hehehe

Cool, mine has been a long time coming.
And in about 3-4 weeks I'm getting my cabinet for the head I just got so I'm exited.
wow you dont see many fender nads and when you do there usually super champs or bj's. this was very cool HNAD.
Clipz?
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
clipz soon =) this amp's not staying for long in here, i'm bringing it to my drummer's on sunday, i'll try to record something today... ideally a full song or something =) i want to know how it sounds in a full band mix, so i'll most likely track one with both channels and everything... i'll let you know =)
Quote by Banana Wedgie
I can't see the picture, can you make it bigger?

H(belated)NAD!

I'd be saving up $300 to buy your singer out though
don't worry about that, i'm going to buy it out !! i just noticed it spent the night on standby... warm tone this morning!
it's EQ is weird... i thought it didnt work, then i played a chord and realised that yes, actually, putting the treble on 8 made quite a difference
the bass goes up but stays tight... it's sick !!
the overdrive is a bit fuzzy though, reminescent of the hot rod deluxe's but still better than that hehe
I was expecting just another 6505 or whatever, but my jaw actually dropped. Literally.

HNAD, you lucky bitch.
nice, I love used stuff...and I want this amp...NOW
HNAD

...have fun!
Control your destiny.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Well, I guess that a Twin never comes alone
dah-dum tss

good one
Control your destiny.
HNAD!

Nice amp, but it's not an "Evil" Twin, the "Evil" Twins had Reb Knobs and a different configuration

HACHEDIT: fixed.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Dec 2, 2009,
aight guys, clip in my profile =) placebo cover
however, the sound's life and warmth kind of got killed in the converting ( i record in 48k herts and had to convert it to 44.1)

it's just guitars for now, eventually i'll put some drum and bass in there and maybe some voice =)

oh, and it's calm for a minute or so before the punch gets there... did it assuming there would be vocals lol
Nice. I've played one. Huge overdrive sound.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

HNAD! I just got a fender twin reverb 2 days ago myself. =]
I to got it for 500$ when its 1500$ retail.
Seems like we both lucked out. =p
Anyway, Have fun with your new amp.
I know I love my fender. =]
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Great cleans, especially with that chorus you've got. The OD is really lacking though, much like most Fender amps. Too buzzy, fizzy, etc. I guess it would be good for certain sounds though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Darkflame
i know you have, i posted on your threads =p you had one for the NAD and one for a problem

speaking of problem... what sohuld i do about that missing lightbulb ?

and i love it so much too =) but it spent 24 hours on standby and i keep forgetting it's on..

Hmm... Well I would do some research on your amp with google and find out atleast generally if not exactly what bulb it uses and replace it.
In the meantime, I would stick something like a lamp on top of the amp and turn the lamp on everytime your amp is on. Turn it off when you turn your amp off.
Same exact principle.
Just a thought.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by WtrPlyr
HNAD

You see quite some Twins NADs lately.

Well, I guess that a Twin never comes alone
dah-dum tss

Ha! Thats almost good enough for a sig! But no sig-ar.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
^haha
and for the lamp, that's actually a good idea, i was thinking about putting a paper with ON and OFF written on each side, turning it everytime i flick the switch on and off, so i have some visual on the top..
some guy of guitargeek's forum pointed me to http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0990954000 , i think that'd do

i'm still a big fan of the amp, i'm considering bringing the traynor to our practice space and keeping the fender in my room to record and stuff, but i don't know if mrs. singer would appreciate while it's still partly hers XD
Last edited by Darkflame at Dec 3, 2009,
Im pretty sure you can get the Evil twin in both red and black knobs. The red knob from the 80s and black knob from early 90s.

Don't quote me on it though.

The sounds they make made my jaw drop, if I ever get a fender amp it's gotta be the evil twin.

VHNAD.
Quote by Darkflame
^haha
and for the lamp, that's actually a good idea, i was thinking about putting a paper with ON and OFF written on each side, turning it everytime i flick the switch on and off, so i have some visual on the top..
some guy of guitargeek's forum pointed me to http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0990954000 , i think that'd do

i'm still a big fan of the amp, i'm considering bringing the traynor to our practice space and keeping the fender in my room to record and stuff, but i don't know if mrs. singer would appreciate while it's still partly hers XD

Yea I was gonna suggest just putting something on top of it like paper but for me I would even notice that so I would personally do a whole lamp.

And for that bulb, I was gonna say, Its only in white??? z0mgs! Then I went down and found the colored bulbs and I was relieved. Please, for the sake of your amp, dont get white. I would get blue or red. Red would be best to fit authenticity.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
lol the amp already looks authentic enough, with a knob broken in half and some tolex scratched off, i think this amp looks older than it actually is XD but i love that look...

i was thinking about blue actually, because it'd look cool

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Amplifier-Jewel?sku=420518

colors are there hehe
i like the purple too =)

edit: wait, is there a lightbulb in there or is it just a lightbulb cover? cuz if i swap an empty lightbulb cover for another empty lightbulb cover, it'll be ridiculous...
i know that when i unscrewed my current jewel light, there was nothing behind