I found a Peavey 3120 with a Rivera 4x12 cab on craigslist for $650. Is that a good deal?

The 3120 is basically the XXX, right?
that's an amazing deal, woah.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I hope I'm wrong but I would actually be very suspicious of this deal. Who would take that big of hit?

just sayin'

http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mus&itm=peavey&loc=&fil=+3120&ys=&ye=&ps=&pe=&pgs=50&submit=++++go++++
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I hope I'm wrong but I would actually be very suspicious of this deal. Who would take that big of hit?

Someting wong dere.

If it is the real deal, you might want to test it extensively first. The 3120 is not exactly an old amp, and like 311 says why'd anyone want to take such a huge loss. Unless there was a problem with the amp.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
yeah, 2 - 3120s listed in Connecticut is odd enough seeing as how new these amps are. I'm not saying that is the same person in those listings but it doesn't smell right. A 3120 alone for $650 would concern me but with a 412 cab too? You never know if something is stolen or if someone just needs their crack money.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You never know if something is stolen or if someone just needs their crack money.

that was my immediate thought after reading the OP.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
or if someone just needs their crack money.

I wouldn't necessarily be above paying for someone's drug addiction is it meant a great deal on an amp.

Quote by Seref
I wouldn't necessarily be above paying for someone's drug addiction is it meant a great deal on an amp.

I know. I'm just sayin' you gotta be careful around people like that. I have a feeling both of those Clist posts are from the same person, so it makes you wonder what is going on.
amp and cab like that.. it very well could be stolen.. and could very well be for drugs.

Could also just be some poor bastard that hit some hard times and needs his rent .. like today.

it is Dec 1st after all. (or at least it is at the time of writing this)

might need cash for his wife or Gf's present too.. xD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
the cab alone is worth more...

def smells fishy. I HOPE you're paying for someone's addiction, rather than you buying a lemon and a rivera cab gutted and replaced with clearance rack speakers.
Deal seems too good to be true imo...definitely check things out and play the amp first. If it is true...it's a steal.