I was looking for a gig-able bass amp, when I came across this beauty. It was the tone I wanted, and light and in my price range!

However, when I got home, I read nothing but horror stories about the reliability of this amp. So, is reliability really that bad? Or, is there another amp that could be suggested for ~700 USD?
well, I don't own one.

but, I must say- your sex life has gotta suck.

/flaming

if you like it, keep it. the quality isn't as good as it could be. but, it works. look at what you could have gotten from Carvin though...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
New Ampegs do not have the best reputation. They moved production overseas, and quality control went downhill. It's getting better, though the customer service is reportedly worse than Behringer's now.
Nope, no sig here.
Seems the reviews have noted buzzing on the lower end, next time you pop into the store turn the volume and bass control up a little and see how well it takes and open E or something.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by Mutant Corn
New Ampegs do not have the best reputation. They moved production overseas, and quality control went downhill. It's getting better, though the customer service is reportedly worse than Behringer's now.

if this is true then i aint buying no ampeg and sticking with Laney,Orange or Ashdown keep up the british side!

But i think they are ok amps im sure you could find something much better in that price range.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
i havent had problems with my ampegs. i say go with it. its has probably the best tone for the money and looks very portable
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E