Page 1 of 2
Couldn't resist this...seems like my perfect V. Might get rid of my Schecter if i like it as much as i think i will. 24 frets, 25" scale, birdseye maple fretboard, alder w/ maple neck-thru. Locking sperzels, and C22 humbuckers. String thru body, all gold hardware. I usually dislike gold hardware but i think it looks really classy up against the white, Randy Rhoads style. Spec'd it out on Carvin's site and it came to about $1150, I scored this baby in mint condition with the original hardshell case for $450. Hopefully she's worth it.

All I have right now is this crappy tiny stock photo, more to come in a day or two once it's here!

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Very nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the shape,but the white,gold,and maple combo is pure class.I'm sure it'll be a nice guitar,since Carvin's quality is nearly bullet proof.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

wow. that thing is a beast.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Yeh prognut, the shape takes some getting used to. it's essentially a reverse rhoads. But it's very comfortable from what I hear, so hopefully I'll dig it.
Yummy 8D
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Yeah if you can't tell from my signature I'm all about unusual customs . More pics and clips when it arrives, should be pretty soon.
Oh my! The picture is isn't all that good but I dig that fretboard, man!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Banana Wedgie
Its a lefty rhoads?

Nope, it's a righty guitar. Carvin's ultra V has a "reverse" Rhoads style body, meaning the longer horn is on the bottom.

Quote by hminh87
Oh my! The picture is isn't all that good but I dig that fretboard, man!

Yeah I know the pic sucks, it's the "stock" photo and the only one I have. I'll take some great quality ones when it arrives. The fretboard looks insane, so hopefully it looks even better in person.
I just checked, and I think this has the same pickups as my Carvin CT6C. If that's the case i will be veryyy happy. If not, might drop in a set of Bareknuckles or something.
Alrighty, accordin' to tracking she arrives tmrw. Can't wait . Pics and clips to follow.
Yeah, I dont think I'll miss my Schecter once this baby gets here...
Quote by Hydra26
Congrats. $450 is a steal if it's in good shape without any issues.

The shape doesn't look as pretty as a rhoads on posters, but the bigger wing on the bottom actually makes it a more comfortable guitar to play and when you're performing, your arm will probably be moving enough that noone's gonna notice how big or small the upper wing is.

I had one built over the summer (albeit with different woods and pups) and I'm very happy with it. The action is fantastic, the sound is great too (after I switched out the factory strings).

If you're a die hard shredder, the neck might be a little thicker than you're used to. Reminds me of the neck on my ES-339 rather than a jackson or ibanez. Substantial, but with really low action.

Thanks for all the info dude! I was hoping to hear from another Ultra V owner. It's in mint condition, not a scratch on it and includes the $180 Carvin hardshell. To order it from Carvin with the case would cost a little over $1200, so $450 shipped is definitely a nice little steal. Nothing will ever beat the deal I got on my CT6C though, that one was epic .

I'm not really a die hard shredder, but as long as the neck isn't much thicker than my CT6C I think I should be fine on it. I wasn't expecting a wizard thin neck or anything, as I checked out all the specs. Thanks again for the info.
Man, this guitar f'ing smokes!

Birdseye board is super figured and immaculate, the whole guitar is mint. Even has a coil tap, I didn't notice in the description. I'll throw up some video clips as soon as i can (it sounds fantastic!), but for now enjoy some good quality photos! And the neck is definitely different, thinner. This is def. more of a shred guitar than my CT6.

*creams everywhere*
that looks awesome, im not crazy about the color, just IMO, but that looks like it shreds like a beast, treat it well
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Lol, for the price i paid if the finish was rusted over I still wouldn't care. I'm a huge Rhoads fan though so the vintage white definitely appeals to me.
Love the fretboard... I'm still trying to decide between birdseye maple and ebony for my next Carvin.
My CT6C has an ebony board, and this one obviously has birdseye. I love em both equally. Depends which carvin you're getting.
Quote by R74NOGRADY
that's awesome! HNGD i don't get why the wings are like the opposite of a RR though

Play it standing up, with your right leg slightly forward, and the longer wing resting against it, and it is unbelievably comfortable.

TS, how's its neck profile?
all you need is some polka dots brother.

looks great man!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn nice!
That neck is sexy sexy sexy seeeeeexy!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

never seen a carvin V before! i like the whole color scheme and the birdseye maple!!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by Flying Couch
Play it standing up, with your right leg slightly forward, and the longer wing resting against it, and it is unbelievably comfortable.

TS, how's its neck profile?

Yeah dude, it's great. Neck profile is awesome. Definitely not as meaty as my CT6C, more of a shred kind of neck but not thin enough to feel toy-ish. On Friday I'll get the chance to really crank it with my tube amp in the studio, but so far i am very very happy with it. This would be a great deal at the full $1200, nevermind what I paid.
Two more pics cuz I still feel I haven't done the fretboard justice. It's really jaw-droppin'.

Just saw your thread on Jemsite

I think I'll reply to both threads...just cause :p
But you haven't posted the body shots (it'll probably be corrected by the time I post)

Looks great man.
Quote by CustomAxe
Yeah dude, it's great. Neck profile is awesome. Definitely not as meaty as my CT6C, more of a shred kind of neck but not thin enough to feel toy-ish. On Friday I'll get the chance to really crank it with my tube amp in the studio, but so far i am very very happy with it. This would be a great deal at the full $1200, nevermind what I paid.

Looking at your gear now, I see you have a CT6, too. What do you think of that neck? Hate to bug you, but I'm looking at buying a CS4/SH550 within a couple of weeks and I don't want it to get here and be a tree trunk. At the same time, I really don't want a Wizard II.
Quote by Hydra26

The shape doesn't look as pretty as a rhoads on posters, but the bigger wing on the bottom actually makes it a more comfortable guitar to play and when you're performing, your arm will probably be moving enough that noone's gonna notice how big or small the upper wing is.

That extra weight on the lower horn makes it balance like a dream. Another bonus is the long lower horn hides behind your leg so that you don´t smash the long RR style upper horn into things as you walk around.
Although I'm not a fan of the upsidedown RR, it looks like a really top notch guitar. Good buy mate, good buy.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Just saw your thread on Jemsite

I think I'll reply to both threads...just cause :p
But you haven't posted the body shots (it'll probably be corrected by the time I post)

Looks great man.

Haven't posted the body shots? The first good quality pic in this thread is a body shot dude, what do ya mean? And thanks .

Quote by Flying Couch
Looking at your gear now, I see you have a CT6, too. What do you think of that neck? Hate to bug you, but I'm looking at buying a CS4/SH550 within a couple of weeks and I don't want it to get here and be a tree trunk. At the same time, I really don't want a Wizard II.

It's no bother at all my friend. They most certainly are not "tree trunks", but definitely not a Wizard II. It's meaty, but is still very comfortable for me (and I'm used to thinner necks). If you'd like, when I'm home late tonight I can snap a few photos of the neck from a few angles to give you an idea of how it is.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Dec 8, 2009,
Quote by CustomAxe
It's no bother at all my friend. They most certainly are not "tree trunks", but definitely not a Wizard II. It's meaty, but is still very comfortable for me (and I'm used to thinner necks). If you'd like, when I'm home late tonight I can snap a few photos of the neck from a few angles to give you an idea of how it is.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I would appreciate that very much, thank you! I see you have a Schecter V-1 as well - if you don't mind, would you take the pictures with that as well? So I can have a better sense of scale.
Quote by CustomAxe
Haven't posted the body shots? The first good quality pic in this thread is a body shot dude, what do ya mean? And thanks .

Oh, I only saw the neck pics, my mistake, sorry man!
Quote by Flying Couch
I would appreciate that very much, thank you! I see you have a Schecter V-1 as well - if you don't mind, would you take the pictures with that as well? So I can have a better sense of scale.

You got it dude, will do and PM ya when it's done. You're lucky you caught me now actually, the Schecter's getting sold in a few days. I love Schecter, and they make really great guitars, but it doesn't hold a candle to my Carvin.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Oh, I only saw the neck pics, my mistake, sorry man!

No worries at all my good sir. Enjoy the rest of the pics .

Quote by Vlasco
I also like your signed CD collection.

Thanks dude. It's pretty massive, I'm trying to get it as organized as I can. I've been lucky enough to hang out with bands like Dream Theater, Black Sabbath, Symphony X, Mastodon, Joe Satriani, etc etc. My favorite item is the signed Scenes from a Memory poster (you can see it blurry-ish behind the side pic of the Carvin's neck).
Page 1 of 2