The basics:
24 frets (almost no wear)
Neck-Through (not bolt-on)
Thin Neck
3-way pickup selector
2 Humbuckers (Seymour Duncan Neck & EMG Bridge)
Tuners say "Made in W Germany" with sort of an S symbol (not stock)
Output jack most likely moved to top of guitar from side
Thin body
Light body
Quik Change & Ibanez Pat Pend Made in Japan Bridge (original?)

Again, It seems like an Ibanez because of the bridge and think neck, but did they even make 24-fret neck-through guitars?

Here are the pictures:

It's hard to see, but the wood really 'sparkles' in the light (any idea of the type?):

Edit: Resized Pictures
Last edited by tuesdayup at Dec 2, 2009,
The top piece is separate from the bottom:

Neck pickup:

This piece of foam was in the neck pickup under the SD (Reason?):

Made in W. Germany after-market tuners (Anyone know the brand?):
Edit: Schaller

Bridge:

Neck Pickup (Any way to tell which type?):

Bridge Pickup (Old cream colored EMG, anyone know which type?):

Not the guitar logo:

Edit: Image Sizes

Any help with identifying the guitar, pickups, or tuners would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by tuesdayup at Dec 2, 2009,
if thats the original hardware.. it likely IS an ibanez from the mid 70's. I have a book with a ton of guitar manufacturers histories and the ibanez section have a few guitars that look very similar to that.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
The tuners are schaller non-locking models.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

what ever it is.

It is daaaaamn sexy! HNGD
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Kivarenn82
if thats the original hardware.. it likely IS an ibanez from the mid 70's. I have a book with a ton of guitar manufacturers histories and the ibanez section have a few guitars that look very similar to that.

I tried looking through Ibanez catalogs that people had put online from the early 70s to mid-80s and I couldn't find anything close. Do you have any more info?

Thanks.
looks almost like a toned-down Carl Thompson

that is beautiful
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
not quite.. but thats the closest i can find so far.

1970's ibanez "musician"

EDIT: here's another one.. its neck thru as well, but the switch and pot configuration is closer to yours than the above.

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Dec 2, 2009,
The body looks like a dean soltero and standard hardtail were combined into one design.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

No clue what it is but it looks like a good guitar. HNGD!
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Quote by Pr0gNut
The body looks like a dean soltero and standard hardtail were combined into one design.

yeah, actually.

Did you notice some of the tuners were on backwards?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
yeah, actually.

Did you notice some of the tuners were on backwards?

*looks again*

Wtf?

Whoever put those on like that deserves to be beaten with a Chinese strat copy

Bridge & neck look like Ibanez, I'd say if it's not some obscure Ibanez model, it's a custom guitart w/ Ibanez parts used to build it.
- 2208 Ibanez SGT Acoustic
- 2005 Ibanez SZ2020FM TKF Serial # 28
-Vypyer 15 (not the best, but hey it works!)
And as always, lots of learning to do!
I'd say it's a modified/custom job, definately looks it with the wrongly put on tuners, the mixed pickups, etc.

The foam under the pickup is to reduce feedback.
Definitely mod-job. I don't recall any make ever slapping a SD / EMG config, period. Judging by the tuners (lol...), home mod job. Looks old as dirt, definitely seen its' share of horror stories and has its' scars. Nice find, HNGD.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
reminds me a little bit of my old westone :-)

enjoy :-)
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Very interesting. It's hard to place anything specifically as so much modding has been done (tuners, pups, jack input and perhaps bridge etc) but I'd say it's either Ibanez or Aria. I've seen some similar stuff by both of them.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kivarenn82
not quite.. but thats the closest i can find so far.

1970's ibanez "musician"

EDIT: here's another one.. its neck thru as well, but the switch and pot configuration is closer to yours than the above.

It looks most like the latter picture, but still a little different. What model is that?

I think it was originally an Ibanez or a custom-guitar made to look like an Ibanez (or a design Ibanez was copying), that was later sold/given to someone else who replaced the tuners (backwards/reversed), the pickups, and the output jack.

Also, it came in an old(?) Fender case. Most definitely not a fender, but maybe the case was from the time the guitar was bought/made:

Simmons Fasteners
Quote by tuesdayup

This piece of foam was in the neck pickup under the SD (Reason?):

The foam is said by many to reduce hum...never tried it for myself though