y'all dont wanna hear this, but i need a distortion pedal. i bought a crate G600 last night for 200. got a matching cab to go with it. i noticed the amp is super loud with some decent distortion, but.... it's lacking thick chunch. the cleans on this amp is pretty damn good. what's the best distortion pedal for death, grind, and new metal? i want super thick chunk without sounding muddy as hell.

btw... i'm waiting on my splawn nitro to get here. need something to hold me over till it gets here. please dont recommend a tube amp. i already know they own solid state.
Quote by lust of decay
Care to tell me why?

And you know what, **** you. Honestly. I took time out my day to help you, and this is your thank you?
Quote by lust of decay

this is a real good way to get help around here

just wait on your splawn to get here. or buy a cheap pedal to hold you over. why would you want to spend money on something that is going to be obsolete once you get your amp?
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Care to tell me why?

And you know what, **** you. Honestly. I took time out my day to help you, and this is your thank you?

it was a joke buddy. i have very dry humor. that blackstar looks pretty cool. hard to imagine a tube matched with a solid state. kinda like a hybrid. if you had to choose between the two.... which pedal would u go with?
Quote by lust of decay
it was a joke buddy. i have very dry humor. that blackstar looks pretty cool. hard to imagine a tube matched with a solid state. kinda like a hybrid. if you had to choose between the two.... which pedal would u go with?
I'd go for the Blackstar.
Quote by eyebanez333

this is a real good way to get help around here

just wait on your splawn to get here. or buy a cheap pedal to hold you over. why would you want to spend money on something that is going to be obsolete once you get your amp?

why play with this crap amp? kinda fun trying to turn crap into powder cheese puffs. makes you feel like an alchemist
Quote by lust of decay
why play with this crap amp? kinda fun trying to turn crap into powder cheese puffs. makes you feel like an alchemist

Whatever floats your boat I guess. But it seems to be pointless to spend any money on a pedal that won't be needed on the Splawn.
^ I agree. They were both good suggestions, and TS just had to be a smartass. i was going to contribute, but **** it.
Quote by eyebanez333
Whatever floats your boat I guess. But it seems to be pointless to spend any money on a pedal that won't be needed on the Splawn.

how many people you know have gear lying around they dont use? then, a broke fvcker comes along and you pass it on. for now, the pedal will serve a purpose and do its job to satisfy my earthly carnal desires. splawn will come in due time
Quote by slickerthnsleek
^ I agree. They were both good suggestions, and TS just had to be a smartass. i was going to contribute, but **** it.

TS?
I can't believe how delayed that post was. Anyway, if you were only joking, I suggest either waiting for the Splawn, or a Mesa V-Twin/Blackstar Dist-X.
Quote by lust of decay

The DISTX can be found for around $140-$150 used if you look around. Awesome pedal, worth waiting for IMO.

That said I own both a Blackstar and Digitech Hardwire pedal and I think they are unbeatable for the price.
Quote by )(yperX
The DISTX can be found for around $140-$150 used if you look around. Awesome pedal, worth waiting for IMO.

That said I own both a Blackstar and Digitech Hardwire pedal and I think they are unbeatable for the price.

which better for a crappy amp trying to achieve a solid chunky death metal tone? actually, the amp doesnt sound too bad. the cleans are awesome. think im gonna run the pedal through the clean chanel
Because you
1. Bumped your thread after a stupidly short period and
2. Flat out insulted some guy who tried to help you, I'm not going to help you, seriously, think about what you do/say before you do it. I'll give the mods a quick report instead.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Because you
1. Bumped your thread after a stupidly short period and
2. Flat out insulted some guy who tried to help you, I'm not going to help you, seriously, think about what you do/say before you do it. I'll give the mods a quick report instead.

first, i told buddy i was joking.

tell a mod? down here in the south we call your kind a SNITCH.
Since you can't seem to follow the rules, this thread is being closed. I hope you've gotten the advice you were looking for.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...