ok so i would love to buy a new tube amp but imm really not sure which one to get. I guess my style is dominantly rock. I play most types of rock such as hendrix acdc and then heavier stuff such as gnr. I also want the possibility to play a tight metal sort of a sound with a boost. I have looked at numerous amps such as a vox ac30 (however im not convinced it has enough gain) and a orange rocker 30, which i think might be a little dark and doesnt tighten up enough for my liking. My budget is around $2,000 Aud. any help would be awsome
Maybe some kind of marshall?

probably not the jcm 2000 though, its voiced more modernly than the stuff you want
Top lel.
The AC30 can't do metal, but it will do Guns n' Roses and ACDC.
I would look for a used Marshall JCM 800
thanks guys,
however a used jcm is quite hard to find here in Australia and a new one would be over my budget. Also in regards to the ac30 im still kinda considering it after this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtCXBVEsWDQ
which shows the ac30 producing a fairly heavy sound with a java boost.
You can always push an ac30 with a high end overdrive and eq-ing
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
id say the AC30 is perfect for everything but metal. but if you want to cover ALL your bases, have a look at a used Marshall 1987x. i've seen some on ebay WITH cabinet for less than $2000 (canadian)