Page 1 of 2
well Title says it all..

The song Titled "Regrets" was written back in 2008.. and only now I got the chance to record it...

Go to my Myspace music site at http://www.myspace.com/shidimusic

Hopefully It wont sucks too much...

and thanks for listening....
Last edited by jemeput at Jan 6, 2010,
Good job, my only suggestion would be a noise gate of some kind either a pedal or maybe one for whatever program your using to cut the sound on "breaks" in the guitar, I used to have the same problem and a noise gate pedal fixed it, other than that good job I really dig the solo! keep up the good work!

check my band out?
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/euphony/
hey dude... just curious... what software did u use to record ur song??
Very good i like it, as the guy said before a noise gate would be good because some of the noise you get seems to be pretty bad yeah its common for a little bit of noise to come through so dont worry to much about compressing it to a level where the guitar sounds shit just try set the noise back a bit The solo goes so well with the song i dont think any improvements need to be made there but i kinda thought when the solo ended the song should of ended instead of going back into clean just my opinion. But over all i enjoyed the piece alooot.

If you dont mind would you check out my piece if you have 10 mins to spare give me some pointers http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MattyW/ thankyou if ya do (Y) Keep up this goood work man
Last edited by MattyW at Dec 5, 2009,
hahahhahaha... "Shidimusic"... sound it out =)... anyways, pretty good dude =) I thought it could use some vocals though.
Quote by baginda
hey dude... just curious... what software did u use to record ur song??

Im using adobe audition... dunno much about recording...

Quote by Riffdex
hahahhahaha... "Shidimusic"... sound it out =)... anyways, pretty good dude =) I thought it could use some vocals though.

Thanks... vocal... hahaha.. its hard to find a good vocal nowadays.... and Im not a singer... but thanks again...

Quote by MattyW
Very good i like it, as the guy said before a noise gate would be good because some of the noise you get seems to be pretty bad yeah its common for a little bit of noise to come through so dont worry to much about compressing it to a level where the guitar sounds shit just try set the noise back a bit The solo goes so well with the song i dont think any improvements need to be made there but i kinda thought when the solo ended the song should of ended instead of going back into clean just my opinion. But over all i enjoyed the piece alooot.

If you dont mind would you check out my piece if you have 10 mins to spare give me some pointers http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MattyW/ thankyou if ya do (Y) Keep up this goood work man

Noise gate is definitely a must have for me

I ended the song with the clean sound just because I think the song is too short If I leave it until the solo... but Thank you for ur opinion.... very much appreciated it...

Thanks...
AS I'M LISTENING:

RIGHT when it started, I was like Beach Boys! I LOVE the feel it has, even with the noise (I'm only at the intro, though, haha). Man, I hope vocals come it at some point, though. Well, this solo is cool, feels nice. Cool, it changed, this part would make a pretty great chorus. Okay, it's probably an instrumental, I can tell, at this point. (the solo). It's nice.
I try using the adobe audition... but it couldn't record any sound... only end up with a hiss of the mic... dunno why... can u help me...
The guitar work is impressive......the solos were really nice. I think it would have sounded better if the rhythm guitar continued to play under the lead, it sort of had sense of being empty when they dropped out with only the drums and bass. It still sound good.....just a bit empty.

I'm not sure if a noise gate would help here.....I noticed that a lot of the line noise was not only on the silent passages, but also when you were playing. A noise gate will only cut out line signal before the set threshold......once the gate's open......you'll hear everything. In this case, you'd probably still hear the line noise.

If you get the chance.....c4c, Thanks
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240015
Very smooth song. I thought the levels were done very nicely and the EQ was pretty good as well. The only problem I really foudn was that the drums were a bit muddy. Might try to get rid of some of the mids (especially on the snare) I think slightly boosting the high ends of the drums could really make this sparkle. Just be sure to notch those frequencies from the other instruments to give them their own place in the song.

Of course take everything said with a grain of salt. But very cool mix!

C4C- https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1242151
Nice one mate.... keep it up.... Only problem is the noise... which is acceptable at this level...

I expected less when reading ur post... but when I gave it a try.. its not bad at all..
almost got a charlie brown feel to it. the song has nice flow. good tone besides the noise at some parts. drums sound ok, i would like to hear more bass. very nice solo work. overall great job
That clean tone is REALLY good. Nice and smooth, not to sharp but not to dull. I love the overdriven solo, it's melodic even if it's not technical. I think the chord progession was a little simple you should learn more about jazz chord progressions, I know it helped me with my song writing You should also invest in a noise gate, that will make it sound a whole lot better. Keep it up! It sounds great. I think it's quite different compared to everything else I heard here.

Thanks for the crit! Greatly apreciated.
Last edited by v2a2n2g2 at Dec 12, 2009,
Thanks for the comment on my song.

This really has that indie rock vibe in similar vain of Sleeping at Last, at least in the beginning. The solo felt like something Lynyrd Skynyrd would play too, for better and for worse. Overall its not a bad song. I am not a fan of instrumentals though personally, so I am not the best critic. The sound quality is good, though. Of course some remixing could make it sound warmer, but its not too bad.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Smooth, I definitely like it.
It reminds me of something you would see in a movie.
Like, for an epic happy ending or something haha.
Good job, keep it up.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Nice song...relaxing I liked the solo as well...for the noise, in adobe audition there's a noise reduction filter that does its job pretty well...you just have to select a part of audio that's ONLY noise and apply the filter...for the drums, i would recommend you to do them in guitar pro or some midi programmer and run them through some program like EZDrummer or something like that...i hope i helped you
I enjoyed the progression, and the melody!
I'd say maybe change the drum beat during the melody so it doesnt drown out the guitar?
Nice though!
I wasn't a fan of the beginning, the opening was a little too long. but i really liked the middle, at around the 2:15 mark i think. keep up the good work.
Definitely liking it. Adobe Audition actually has noise profiling, so you just select the a piece of noise, have it analyze it, then select the entire song and it'll take all the noise out. I prefer that over Noise Gates, which IMO, can really cut down on some notes played in leads.

The Solo's are perfect IMO, I can't put my finger on anyone you sound like, I can spot out your influences quite easily, but you definitely have your own sound. The relaxing island-blues like flavor is great too, it makes for a very interesting laid back atmosphere. Overall, I really like it. Your songwriting is top shelf.

I also agree with raising the high end on those drums, and a simple "Drum" preset from a compressor with alittle reverb would be nice also. And change those tom samples up, as IMO, they sound very midi-ish.

Finally, adding the clean rhythm layer under the leads would also be nice, and give it a very full sound. It can be done with a simple copy and paste if you really wanted to.

Hope this helps,
Keep it up
Thank u Sami..

Noise profiling... herm... didn't know about that... hahaha... will later try to check it out... BTW, thanks for the critics man... really appreciate it... I agree with the drum.. its quite midi-ish

Thank you again...
The intro was very mellow and catchy, I was bobbing from side to side, haha. That flowed nicely into the distortion solo, in which I can hear the Slash influence. I don't know what else to say, it was a pretty good instrumental.
i liked it a lot, the guitar work especially. the shred solo seemed kindof out of place to me. It was really technically proficient, it just ruined the mood kinda. clearly, theres recording issues, but i'm focusing more on the music part. i really felt like in a lot of ways, this song was just a guitar showcase. which is cool, but in some parts distracted from the relaxed feel i got... some more dynamic drums and bass (which might just be the bassist in me showing through) would carry this song a long way.
Page 1 of 2