hey guys, after xams i will be gigging with my band, and ill be getting the valve king head, i dont want/need a 412, so i think ill go for a 212, what is a good one for about £250.

i have seen
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76156
http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_gs212ie.htm

or maybe
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73935
any other ideas?

ide really like something with vintage 30s

thanks james
Last edited by wozzsta at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by wozzsta
guys your suggesting cabs that are twice my budget
Sorry.

Did you just edit your budget in? I looked for one and didn't notice anything.

I'd go for the Randall or the Laney, then. By all means don't go for the Marshall MC cab.
yeah sorry i did, guess u must have been very quick off the mark .

as far as i can see the randall and laney both use the same speakers, the laney is just cheeper so i think ill go for tht.

am i right?
Quote by the memory
I got my orange for £230 i think from Gak!
If this is possible, do this.
yeah sorry i did, guess u must have been very quick off the mark .

as far as i can see the randall and laney both use the same speakers, the laney is just cheeper so i think ill go for tht.

am i right?
You're right.

I'm just afraid that the speakers won't be voiced right to certain genres you may be playing.

Are you playing any kind of metal?
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Dec 2, 2009,
It is possible they increased it. I got it a few months ago when prices were rising and failing like crazy.

Actually... i just looked the same cab up and its now £438. F***ing hell.
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
It is possible they increased it. I got it a few months ago when prices were rising and failing like crazy.

Actually... i just looked the same cab up and its now £438. F***ing hell.

cry
Yeah prices have been rocketing as of late. My cabinet I bought from GAK was £365 when I bought it and now it's mid £500's
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You might be able to get a used Mesa 2x12 rectifier cab. I got mine for 450$ Canadian which is like £260
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Quote by CrysisFX
I'd go with an avatar 2x12 closed back with vintage 30's. They go new for about 350$ not sure how that is in your country.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

This man speaks truth... American made though, shipping may kill you. But hey, there's tons of color and custom options and they're great cabs.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
I know its a little bit over your price range, But if your in the UK you should check out Purple Chili. The 2x12 is around 400-500, defiantly worth saving up that little extra cash for.

My friend has one with a mesa mark V and it sounds incredible, much better than with a recto 2x12. I'm thinking about swapping my mesa 2x12 for one soon.

Don't buy cheap cabs.
1998 Parker Fly Deluxe
EBMM JP6 Graphite pearl
Mesa/Boogie 20:20
Mesa/Boogie Studio pre
Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC combo
Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12
yeah i saw that one as well, seems to be the same as the harley benton just about £90 more, ide love to know why.
I'm not really sure on the differences in the two orange cabs other than one being open back and closed back?

I have the closed back one though...
Top lel.
ive got a Harley Benton 212 Vintage thats actually amazing for the price ...and has REAL V30's in it
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by kakos
...and has REAL V30's in it

Instead of the fake ones most people have?
Top lel.
go used you crazy fool

marshall 1922 2x12 cab seen them go for £150 tbh you can get a 4x12 for £175 aswell so thats another option
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Quote by the memory
Instead of the fake ones most people have?

i actually ment Celestion V30's and not cheap knock off that some people may think due to the price ....
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by derekgray
This man speaks truth... American made though, shipping may kill you. But hey, there's tons of color and custom options and they're great cabs.

Yes shipping probrably will kill. But the item itself is about ₤210.