Page 1 of 6
so as the title says what are some bands you listen to that everyone else makes fun of, or calls 'gay' and that sort? this isnt a guilty pleasure thread btw, i dont think any music should be a 'guilty pleasure.'

for me, id say coheed and cambria and the used. all my friends hate the whole 'sounding like a girl when you sing' concept, but i still enjoy coheeds music. and i just dig the used, they have catchy riffs.
DECRESCENDO
a7x
creed
metallica
bullet for my valentine
radiohead
tim mcgraw
brad paisley
eminem
tupac
oasis
pixies

and many more.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Dec 2, 2009,
Coldplay. Lady Gaga. My Chemical Romance. UG hates my musical taste, I believe.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by CrabSoldier X
so as the title says what are some bands you listen to that everyone else makes fun of, or calls 'gay' and that sort? this isnt a guilty pleasure thread btw, i dont think any music should be a 'guilty pleasure.'.

Queen. Pet Shop Boys. Culture Club. Scissor Sisters. Judas Priest...I could go on.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
avenged sevenfold, slipknot, linkin park

i'll still listen to them on occasion
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I used to listen to Fall out boy.

I think Metallica is quite hated on in The Pit.
DeVillains!
Backstreet Boys and N'Sync. They're so awesome their music transcends the barriers of decades of changing music styles.
Alot of Metalcore and Deathcore bands, Radiohead, a bit of coldplay.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Not really a guilty pleasure, but I'm a huge metal head and I love the Postal Service.
I yam what I yam
Does anyone else like Mushroomhead, or am I the only one within a 600 mile radius?
One day, while standing on a stair
I saw a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish I wish he'd go away
Bring me the horizon, Fall out boy, there's only one of my friends who likes post-hardcore and metalcore bands the rest of my friends don't understand them
Quote by ThorMagneson
Does anyone else like Mushroomhead, or am I the only one within a 600 mile radius?

Wow. haven't hear of mushroomhead since junior high. LONG time ago. They're still around?
Lights
Lil Wayne
Rihanna
Avenged Sevenfold
Madonna
Bring Me The Horizon
some Paramore (not the biggest fan but some songs are good)
Beastie Boys
and the most I get ripped on...
Bjork. And I have no idea why. >_<
Quote by CrabSoldier X
so as the title says what are some bands you listen to that everyone else makes fun of, or calls 'gay' and that sort? this isnt a guilty pleasure thread btw, i dont think any music should be a 'guilty pleasure.'

for me, id say coheed and cambria and the used. all my friends hate the whole 'sounding like a girl when you sing' concept, but i still enjoy coheeds music. and i just dig the used, they have catchy riffs.

This. I have friends who don't listen to rock who are like 'OMG HE SINGS LIKE A GIRL LOL' and friends who do listen to rock who are like 'Seriously dude? Shit sounds emo.'
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Often the "Shred" guitarists I like are hated on by the bluesy "Play with teh feelingz" guys.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by ThorMagneson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC1CC4NI32o

This dude knows....
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
how can anyone hate queen? it is un-possible.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
judas priest, paul gilbert.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by TheBurningFish
Often the "Shred" guitarists I like are hated on by the bluesy "Play with teh feelingz" guys.

same
most shred guys can play with feeling, they opt to play with their awesome skillz instead. playing with feeling is fine, but everyone and their grandma plays the blues, so its nothing unique or special
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I'll go by hated on by my friends, cos music I like that's hated on by the general public would near enough list everything I listen to

The White Stripes
The Dead Weather (People really dislike Jack White it seems )
Frank Zappa
Guthrie Govan
John Mayer
Muse
Yngwie Malmsteen
The Format, Panic! At The Disco, Metro Station, John Mayer, Cobra Starship, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Katy Perry
One of my mates sometimes says that "all metal sounds the same & it's just shit" & therefore I have no musical diversity, etc. but every other few months he says that he actually likes metal... (he's quite a dick)
Also, I listen to a lot of metal, but I also listen to rap, pop punk, pop rock, punk, raggae, hip hop, & a variety of proggressive & experimental stuff... He listens to mostly indie, prog rock & dub-step, & that's pretty much it!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Frank Zappa

I've never heard of anybody badmouthing Zappa
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by Demon Wolf
how can anyone hate queen? it is un-possible.

That horrible, horrible guitar tone. *shudders*
Up The Boro!
well my fav artist is SRV and all my friends say he is a waste of space in the music world . also jimi hendrix, jefferson airplane, family, curved air, etc etc
Quote by Runt2608
well my fav artist is SRV and all my friends say he is a waste of space in the music world .

You'd be surprised to know that he is a poster on UG.

And if your friends bash Jimi Hendrix and Jefferson Airplane, you may need new friends.
Attack Attack
Avenged Sevenfold
Bring Me the Horizon
Linkin park
My Chemical Romance
Thats just a few
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
Last edited by Seaweed2626 at Dec 2, 2009,
i listen to Kiss. it's my #1 favorite band and i get a lot of shit for it. people always tell me "they're gay" or "they suck" or things like that. what people don't realize is that without them, a majority of bands around today that everyone loves wouldn't be here
Ibanez GSZ120
Ibanez RG3EX1
Marshall MG30FX
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
You'd be surprised to know that he is a poster on UG.

are you talking about SRV?? cos hes dead
Quote by bi-ah!
same
most shred guys can play with feeling, they opt to play with their awesome skillz instead. playing with feeling is fine, but everyone and their grandma plays the blues, so its nothing unique or special

Also shred apparently.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Like, all of them. I quite like a lot of pop and pop-punk bands.

EDIT: I'm musically influenced by both punk and shred, therefore I have no technique and no soul. How awesome is that?
Last edited by sashki at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by diminishedtobme
David Guetta. But damn this dude has got some tunes.

+1

Also Duran Duran.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
since when is queen hated?

For me it's Oasis, Pete Doherty (libertines, babyshambles), rap music in general and... I don't know, how does the pit Radiohead?
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Last edited by giiii at Dec 2, 2009,
I really like Metallica, and I'm not going to change that because some 12 year old guys think it is funny to hate them. I also like Dizzee Rascal for some reason.