So I have to do a research paper AGAINST wind farms...
I know the Pit is the worst place to ask for serious help...
But could anyone help me out?
This paper is due Monday and I'm the biggest procrastinator on the face of the planet...
Help!
"Bleed in your own light, Dream of your own life, I miss me, I miss everything...I'll never be"
"I dun liek windfarms cuz oil iz bettur

Signed,

George bush, Guitarmozis"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
wow, what a tough subject. not being sarcastic at all, that's brutal.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Betz's Law - The Maximum efficiency of any wind turbine is 59% (This doesn't mean the max now or with this technology, it means EVER, physics just doesn't allow for more than that. Right now the efficiency of your average wind turbine is probably closer to 20%)

Maintenance is expensive and relatively frequent, constituting as high as 35% of costs, add that to insurance, administration, land, and all the other overhead and it is almost impossible to make significant profit off of it making it a very unattractive technology to develop and implement.
They could be a legal nuisance. Also, look at noise issues for the people who live near them. Also, the destruction of picturesque landscape et al.
Balance the environmental cost of production against the provided benefit.

Also, comparisons against other renewable methods of energy. This really isn't hard.
...Why would you only research one side of a topic, that seems, I dunno, against the whole point of research?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
...Why would you only research one side of a topic, that seems, I dunno, against the whole point of research?

Not if you aspire to write for a tabloid...
I'm still a high school student and the reason I'm only doing one side of the paper is because there is another person doing the opposing viewpoint.
It would be a ton easier if I could do both side but our English teacher like to lay down the hammer and give us stupid effing assignments.
"Bleed in your own light, Dream of your own life, I miss me, I miss everything...I'll never be"