Ok, so I'm bored and I think it would be a good experience for me to find out what a guitar looks like on the inside.

I'm gonna take the bridge off my Encore (with the strings still attached to it), then take the scratchplate off, take a look at the underside of it, and then see the routing. I've got a spare crappy humbucker lying around, so I could get my dad's soldering iron and fit that as well, the single coil sounds crap any way.

So, how do I take the bridge off, and if I do, will I be able to get it back on? Thanks,
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
why are you taking the bridge off here?

i really do not see the point of this, there is nothing under the bridge.

and why in the hell are you going to take the bridge off with the strings still attached?
I'm taking the bridge off with the strings still attached so I can just stick the bridge back on, without having to replace the strings.

Anyway, just how do you take the bridge off and stick it back on?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

oh...and also the bridge is coming off because it will get the strings out of the way so I can examine the inside of the guitar
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

I am not familiar with the Encore, but if it is a close copy of a Fender Strat, then there is no reason to remove the bridge. You can loosen the strings, remove the pickguard screws, and lift the pickguard assembly out of the guitar. If it is a true Strat copy, then there is nothing to see inside the guitar - just the routed cavities to contain the pickups. Everything will be attached to the pickguard assembly except for the output jack.

Even if you were to remove the bridge with the strings attached and re-install it, they strings would likely come undone from the capstans of the tuning keys and be impossible to put back on. I recommend that you leave the bridge alone.
I know that - so you're saying if I just untie the strings at the head, I can just thread the same strings back in again? Don't need new strings?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Quote by Eurozeppelin
I know that - so you're saying if I just untie the strings at the head, I can just thread the same strings back in again? Don't need new strings?

If I were you, I would at least have a spare set at hand. Trying to remove (or loosen) the bridge with the strings still at tension is a VERY bad idea, and loosening the strings to a "safe" tension will not avoid the whole "risk of snapping the strings when you put them back up to tension."
If you really want to take the guitar apart, then just wait till you need to replace the strings and do it then.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
no he s saying just loosen them alot you need need to undo them

however seeing as you seem completely clueless id leave it alone
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Eurozeppelin
I'm taking the bridge off with the strings still attached so I can just stick the bridge back on, without having to replace the strings.

Anyway, just how do you take the bridge off and stick it back on?

That won't work, the strings will be goosed - you'll need to replace them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com