hello today i spoke with 2 friends and both ask me if i want to buy a guitar.... well i want a electric guitar for a long time and i said yes ... first friend offer me jackson dx10 and my other friend ibanez GRG170DX which is the best for me ?and at the both offers the price was 155 euros (fuc* so cheap )
i am beginner and i want to play rock, soft rock, pop, and metal.....
the ibanez was bought last year and the jackson in 2007
which is the best 4 me?
thanks
and sorry 4 my english ...
Last edited by davincionu at Dec 2, 2009,
test them bolth out. test the action on them, and play each string on each fret to check for string buzz, also check the tone. oh and floyd roses are a pain in the butt, but if you like to keep a guitar in one tuning are worth it.
also check the tone, and intonation ( does the 12th harmonic, 12th fret, and open match up to the same note?)
from their i think you should be able to decide.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Last edited by selibucaz at Dec 2, 2009,
i think that for the money you can find better quality than the gio, thats all.

theyr e nice enough if eventually you upgrade them with better electronics, tuners etc. but is it really worth the money? in my opinion, i dont think it is.
id know i cant play pop/soft rock cuz the guitars have humbucker ... well jfreyvogel do u think ibanez is good?
p.s i cant test the guitars cuz my friends are in another town ....
Since when can you not play soft rock and pop with humbuckers?

I'd take the GIO,but that's just personal preference,like every other random opinion in this thread.As far as quality goes they're both fairly low end instruments,but should be good enough to learn the basics on and play until you upgrade to something better.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
=

I'd take the GIO,=
what the hell is gio ?????????????????

here u can see the jackson guitar : http://www.rocktube.us/k5Il3uMWwrW/Iron_Maiden___Aces_High_Cover.html (my friend and his guitar... he's good)

yes and i forget to say something ... i want one of that guitars just to learn to play better and after 1,2 yrs i will buy a better guitar...
Last edited by davincionu at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by davincionu
what the hell is gio ?????????????????

here u can see the jackson guitar : http://www.rocktube.us/k5Il3uMWwrW/Iron_Maiden___Aces_High_Cover.html (my friend and his guitar... he's good)

yes and i forget to say something ... i want one of that guitars just to learn to play better and after 1,2 yrs i will buy a better guitar...

The GIO is the Ibanez,IIRC it's what the first "G" in GRG stands for...or I could be completely wrong,it doesn't really matter .

Showing me a video of a cheap guitar being played doesn't really help,I've seen and played both guitars myself.The low end Jackson models I've played have all felt cheap and had construction/fret issues,while most cheap Ibanez models I've played have been decent or good for the money (especially the rg321 and RG2ex1).

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by davincionu
id know i cant play pop/soft rock cuz the guitars have humbucker ... well jfreyvogel do u think ibanez is good?
p.s i cant test the guitars cuz my friends are in another town ....

Yes, it's a fine guitar. Not fantastic or anything but it will work for you until you get a better one.
MY FAULT THE GUITAR IS (jackson) IS DX10D with "d" ) lol excuse me for wrong details ... well which is better? ) sorry again
Quote by davincionu
MY FAULT THE GUITAR IS (jackson) IS DX10D with "d" ) lol excuse me for wrong details ... well which is better? ) sorry again

"Better" is a relative term.Someone who likes Ibanez is going to tell you the Ibanez is better,and a Jackson fan will tell you the opposite.The Jackson is more expensive,but that doesn't really mean anything,since price doesn't always equal quality or what's right for a specific player.The Jackson has a licensed FR trem,which is going to make string and tuning changes a real pain for a beginner.The Ibanez has a trem that's more like a vintage strat trem,so tuning changes and set ups will be easier but at that price range tuning stability is an issue.The best advice I can give you is to try both guitars and pick the one YOU like best,not us.You can't ask us to form your opinions for you,play the guitars and let your hands and ears decide which is better.

but i cant test the guitars ... and both guitars i can buy with 155 euros
that is why im asking cuz the price are identically and i donno what to chose ... i want to sound like a strat in clean but in same time to be a great guitar in distors and overdriven. (something impossible right) ... but i want a guitar to sound like my last sentence ....