I was out of pre-made microwavable goodness this morning pit. Luckily I found the last bit of a block of colby cheese, some whole mushrooms and some of those biscuits that come in a can all rolling around in the back of my vegi drawer.

Mushroom+cheese wrapped in some biscuit dough (and baked)=lunch.

It was alright, but I realized that I make crazy meals like this all the time because I'm too lazy to go to the grocery store very often. Sometimes my concoctions turn out great, sometimes I end up throwing them in the trash without eating.

What crazy food-inventions have you created when out of the stuff to make real food?
You call pre-made microwavable food "real food"...?

Also I've made a lot of unorthodox food when my real food is gone. They usually involve everything that's left.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Dec 2, 2009,
Yea, you've got it backwards.

Cheese and mushrooms are 'real food'. Microwave meals are not.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by Kensai

Also I've made a lot of unorthodox food when my real food is gone. They usually involve everything that's left.

This.

Real food is food you actually cook from scratch you lazy fop.

But my fridge is always stocked, so I don't need to worry
DeVillains!
Yesterday I put cheese on a piece of bread and stuck it in the microwave...

After that I took some honey and mixed it with vanilla and cinnamin and dipped some bread in it... It wasn't as good as it sounds...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Kensai

Not really, but my lifestyle supports $.88 microwave dinners more than rolling in my benz down to the organic grocery store. Not that there is such a store for 150 miles of where I live.

You know what I mean, salisbury steak and potatoes is a well known actual meal even if it's disgusting in its microwavable form. I think it would be fun to see just how inventive the pit can get with food.
Quote by Våd Hamster
BBQ sauce on buttered bread. Actually, anything with BBQ sauce on.

good call. through some BBQ sauce and cheese on a slice of bread and toss it in the toaster oven BAM! pizza.
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by WantsLesPaul
How about my Penz0r with BBQ sauce on it?

Oh I don't need extra sauce on that...

Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
good call. through some BBQ sauce and cheese on a slice of bread and toss it in the toaster oven BAM! pizza.

Sounds awesome. Don't have a toaster though, unfortunately.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Not really, but my lifestyle supports $.88 microwave dinners more than rolling in my benz down to the organic grocery store. Not that there is such a store for 150 miles of where I live.

You know what I mean, salisbury steak and potatoes is a well known actual meal even if it's disgusting in its microwavable form. I think it would be fun to see just how inventive the pit can get with food.

Microwaved foods usually cost more than other food, atleast here

And don't hyperbole, people do get by eating normal, healthy food without being billionares.

And no, if it's pre-made and microwaved it's probably shit regardless of whatever it's supposed to be.

How much do you spend on food per week?
I dunno really, i always Cook alot so I can eat that the follpwing days. Which gives me time to do my shopping.

However, I make alot of strange things when im high.

P.s **** iPhones keyboard
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Quote by Kensai
Microwaved foods usually cost more than other food, atleast here

And don't hyperbole, people do get by eating normal, healthy food without being billionares.

And no, if it's pre-made and microwaved it's probably shit regardless of whatever it's supposed to be.

How much do you spend on food per week?

I get 400 calories of microwave dinner for cheaper than buying 400 calories worth of fresh produce and meat from walmart (which is usually the cheapest grocery center where I live), but it's true that's an extreme example and most frozen foods aren't cheaper.

And I do buy plenty of produce actually, much of my veggies I buy frozen though so I don't have to worry about them spoiling, again my frozen broccili is under a dollar a pound, and the fresh stuff is over (maybe not typical for most people's food selections, but typical of the food I buy).

My hyperbole wasn't there to suggest all fresh food is expensive, it's to suggest that anyone with the attitude that all pre-made food must be absolutely terrible is the kind of snob who'd go spend $4 on a pound of carrots at the hipster grocery store ( I think that's a pretty good use for hyperbole, since I'm not trying to make a real argument, just make a fun jab).

I probably spend around $25 usd a week on store-bought food. I really should keep better track. I go and eat out once a weekend too, but I count that as a mental health expense.

edit* I made a few of those statements a little more clear.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Dec 2, 2009,
If there's no real food, believe it or not, I go for the food mentioned in the original post
We often have a microwavable lasagne or chinese dish knocking about in the freezer which does me if there's nowt else/I'm being lazy.
when I'm out of real food I'd probably starve before munching on those plastic ones... well I'd probably starve from eating plastic food anyways, not sure on the nutritional value of plastic.
peanut butter and whipped cream on a glass full of beer
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
I love microwavable food. You don't even need to microwave it.. Just mix it up....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I get 400 calories of microwave dinner for cheaper than buying 400 calories worth of fresh produce and meat from walmart (which is usually the cheapest grocery center where I live), but it's true that's an extreme example and most frozen foods aren't cheaper.

And I do buy plenty of produce actually, much of my veggies I buy frozen though so I don't have to worry about them spoiling, again my frozen broccili is under a dollar a pound, and the fresh stuff is over (maybe not typical for most people's food selections, but typical of the food I buy).

My hyperbole wasn't there to suggest all fresh food is expensive, it's to suggest that anyone with the attitude that all pre-made food must be absolutely terrible is the kind of snob who'd go spend $4 on a pound of carrots at the hipster grocery store ( I think that's a pretty good use for hyperbole, since I'm not trying to make a real argument, just make a fun jab).

I probably spend around $25 usd a week on store-bought food. I really should keep better track. I go and eat out once a weekend too, but I count that as a mental health expense.

edit* I made a few of those statements a little more clear.

Calories is just energy and comes in different forms (protein, carbohydrates and fat for example). Fat is more energy per gram than protein and carbohydrates, microwaved foods are usually alot of fat, and not the good kind of calories if you're looking to maintain/increase your weight. I wouldnt recommend microwaved food even if you're bulking.

Fat is 9 kcal per gram, protein and carbs are like 4 kcal/g.

Pasta is like 360 per 100 gram, and 100 gr of pasta could be what, 10-20 cents? You can get a kg for 1.2 dollars in sweden. And it's much better and cheaper than microwaved foods. You can add different things to it, like chicken or other kinds of meat and some vegetables.

And all pre-made food is terrible. If we're talking about the pre-made crap you have to microwave. Seriously, you get away much cheaper and much healthier without having to buy an iPod and renaming yourself to Chad.

I spend about $70 per week, but I'm also trying to bulk up. Before that maybe $30 or so, without any microwaved stuff.
Usually a tin of tuna and whatever things I have around the house. Then I buy proper food.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
the kind of snob who'd go spend $4 on a pound of carrots at the hipster grocery store .

Carrots are .88 cents a package, which is around a pound of carrots. I don't know where the fukk you shop.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Virgin blood on Anything!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I save all my left over chicken bones and boil them up into a broth. Add any random veggies like carrots, rice, potatoes you find lying around the house.

Or make chili, costs $9 and will last almost a week worth of lunch and dinner. 2 cans diced tomatoes $2, 2 cans of beans $2, and 2 packs of chili powder $2, grounds beef, a small pack is like $3ish. Mix it with rice and i will last even longer. It's actually good for you too.
Last edited by Steel8909 at Dec 2, 2009,