What exaclty is a "ding", talking about used guitars? My english is not the best.
A dent,nick,or scratch in a guitar caused by it hitting an object.

In technical terms I think it's basically a blemish that damages the finish but doesn't penetrate into or expose bare wood.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

It's basically a small dent from when you bump the guitar into something.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by and3nlol
So it should not affect the sound of an electric guitar at all then?

No,it's just a cosmetic/aesthetic thing.My guitars have tons of dings,paint chips,and what not and they all play and sound fine.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,it's just a cosmetic/aesthetic thing.My guitars have tons of dings,paint chips,and what not and they all play and sound fine.

Depends on where the ding is located, no? If for example on the fretboard (causing uneven contact with the strings when played) or near the pickups (causing a loose pickup), might indirectly affect sound (i.e. not the ding itself).

But generally, if it doesn't interfere with the "mechanics" of a guitar, it shouldn't affect sound, like the others here have said.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric (Mod. AEG20E - VV)
Fender Super-Champ XD Amp
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Hope, fear, confusion, no natural talent.
my guitars all have "dings." i think as soon as the "ding" starts to affect how it plays it's "damage." if it changes how well i can play it, it's definitely moved from "dinged" to "damaged" in my book.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip