I'm getting this Schecter Damien Special FR for Christmas, and i'm worried about it not having a locking nut. Some pictures show that it has one, other pictures shows it not having one. Anyone know anything about this?
R.I.P foREVer
if it's the FR, its got a locking nut. Are you sure the pictures without it weren't just the regular Damien?

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lepermessiah22
if it's the FR, its got a locking nut. Are you sure the pictures without it weren't just the regular Damien?

+1 to this.
Make sure it's got an FR in the picture too :P

Also, are you sure those aren't pictures of people's personal guitars they've fitted with locking tuners instead?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Killswitch94

Haha, i actually just checked the Schecter site, looked at the regular Damien and it had the locking nut. Then i saw the Damien Special FR. I don't know whats up with that.

EDIT: If you want it based on the color alone, i would just hold out for a bit longer, save some more cash and go for the C1 Hellraiser. If you just want the guitar and the color doesnt matter I would just get the regular Damien FR.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by lepermessiah22 at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by The article that came from
From the front, the Damien Special FR looks every inch a classy, American-made guitar. The black-faced headstock, with its six black Grover machine heads, carries the gothic Schecter Diamond Series logo, and the model name is engraved on the truss rod cover, which is partially obscured by the string guide behind the locking nut part of the licensed Floyd Rose tremolo system that gives this Damien model its FR designation.

The guitar comes with a locking nut. That picture just happens not to have one, for some reason or another.

Quote by lepermessiah22
Haha, i actually just checked the Schecter site, looked at the regular Damien and it had the locking nut. Then i saw the Damien Special FR. I don't know whats up with that.

Many guitar companies don't actually use real photos of their guitars on the site, as the photographer is often reflected in the gloss of the finish, and because they can change the finish in the picture relatively easy without changing the angle of the shot. They usually use templates made with computer software like Photoshop or Illustrator. Schecter probably just had the necks switched on those two by accident.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Last edited by Justice4AllOne at Dec 2, 2009,
Schecter did this before with a cheap sunset model,they gave it an FR but no locking nut or tuners.If it doesn't have a locking nut you can just throw some locking tunes on it,in my experiences they can withstand a lot of trem abuse and still stay in tune if the guitar is set up properly.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

that's pretty stupid if it doesn't have a locking nut, i wouldn't get it.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Schecter probably just had the necks switched on those two by accident.

On their site, when you highlight the designated points on the body it says it is a Graph Tech Tusq nut.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Does it really?
I'm in art class at school, and this stupid Mac doesn't have flash >.<
So I couldn't get to Schecter's website. So I just visited the website the TS mentioned.
That's strange. I've only seen one Damien FR, and it had a locking nut O.o
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened