Good evenig, everybody (yeah, in german it's 7.51pm)
I'm completely confused. i just got brand new ernie ball strings (strength 11) for my new Ibanez grg270bkn. is just got...2 new strings on it when i recognized that somethings wrong: the strings were toooooo close to the neck. after a while I saw that the edge III bar was like...when you put it "high". i tried something but the bar doesn't want to get into the "neutral" postion again. does anybody know why?
Would be happy bout some answers
Quote by beatnik25
Ah, the good ole' Edge III floating trem.

Tell me about it. My first Ibanez has one.
.11 have more tension than the .09 that came on guitar, you will nedd to increase spring tension to equal out the tremelo and strings tensions
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Yes it is nec. or else you will never get the bridge to sit level with the body and keep that thing in tune.

I know you said you put on .11's but what tunning are you trying to put the guitar in?
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
Yes it is nec. or else you will never get the bridge to sit level with the body and keep that thing in tune.

I know you said you put on .11's but what tunning are you trying to put the guitar in?

Note that the baseplate isn't supposed to be parallel to the body - the knife edges are.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Note that the baseplate isn't supposed to be parallel to the body - the knife edges are.

Yea.....what he said...I always for get the Edge III has to be diff than everybody else.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
take a picture like this one:

That's also the position it's in where it should be when not in use.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
1. when you change strings on a floating bridge, you have to do it one at a time, when you take strings off the guitar, the bridge

2. since you're putting on heavier strings, the bridge is gonna be too much as if the bar was being pushed down, since you're using heavier gauge strings than the guitar is set up for. you'll have to adjust the spring tension. its not that hard, don't worry. just take off the back plate and tighten the tremolo screws a little, then retune the guitar. repeat the process until the bridge is neutral

read this guide, it should increase your understanding of floating bridges. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Never ever, ever, ever, EVER take all the strings off of a floating trem. You'll have a bitch of a time getting it right again. I did it once, and the guitar hasn't played the same since (I would get it professionally setup, but I can't even afford new strings ATM, sooo....)(an edge III bridge of all things as well). That being said, you've done it now, soo, put all the strings on and play about with the springs in the back to get the bridge parallel o the body again, and in tune. As I said, you won't enjoy the experience, but you'll know for next time .
I've taken all the strings off of a Floyd before. You just need to block the trem before doing so.

Makes cleaning the fretboard much easier.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I've taken all the strings off of a Floyd before. You just need to block the trem before doing so.

Makes cleaning the fretboard much easier.

+1
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera