On the high E and B strings, I bend upwards towards myself. But on the G string, It feels weird bending upward. So I bend it down, farther away from me. Is this bad? Are you supposed to just bend upwards on the high 3 strings, or can you bend in a different direction?
As long as you've got enough space on the fretboard to bend to the note you want it doesn't matter what direction.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i always bend upwards, unless it's the a or low e strings. i know it's supposed to be bad form, but as long as the strings don't slip off the fretboard it shouldn't matter. my teacher always taught me that the low e, a, and d strings should be bent down, and g, b, and high e should be bent up.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i always bend upwards, unless it's the a or low e strings. i know it's supposed to be bad form, but as long as the strings don't slip off the fretboard it shouldn't matter. my teacher always taught me that the low e, a, and d strings should be bent down, and g, b, and high e should be bent up.

Yeah I can understand B and E because they are closer to the edge and they're smaller so they're easier to bend, but with G it's not as close to the edge and it's easier for my fingers to bend down than bend up. When I bend up I can only get it to a half step higher, but when I bend down I get can it a whole step easily.
low E,A,D I bend towards floor
High E,B,G I bend towards sky

Its ok to bend strings down, but as you progress you will get into 1-1\2 and 2 step bends which if you do on the G string, will be pretty much impossible if you bend towards the ground...you just run out of fret.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
low E,A,D I bend towards floor
High E,B,G I bend towards sky

Its ok to bend strings down, but as you progress you will get into 1-1\2 and 2 step bends which if you do on the G string, will be pretty much impossible if you bend towards the ground...you just run out of fret.

I know what you're saying, but for me it takes more effort to bend up than to bend down.
It did for me too at first, but once you get used to it it will become second nature.

Just think about it this way...if you work on bending them up you will be strengthening your fingers...which for a guitar player is always a good thing.

I also find it easier to do a bend w/ vibrato if I bend them up instead of down.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I guess it all depends on the person playing. I tend to bend strings 99% of the time the opposite way I am picking. If I am down picking I bend up and when I pick up I bend down. So I alternate back and forth. Of course the low and high E are limited in which way you bend because they can slip off the fretboard.

John