Hey guys. I know absolutely nothing about how effects pedals work.

Right now I'm playing my guitar through a bass amp. I want to buy the Line 6 Floor Pod or Floor Pod Plus, but I'm not sure if it'll work with my bass amp. Could you guys offer your knowledge?
It'll work. But it might not sound pleasant. You could always just run the modelling unit through your computer/speakers or headphones (depending on choice of modeller of course) until you're able to get a proper guitar amp.

Or you could just save a little more and get a modelling guitar amp like the Peavey Vypyr...or a used Line 6 Flextone.
dont buy a floor pod, for that kind of money you could get a proper amp instead of the bass amp ur using currently and get far better tone than if you did put the pod through the bass amp. how much have you got to spend??

EDIT: the pod will work through a bass amp, i did it earlier this week with my mate's :P
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Last edited by shredftw at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by shredftw
dont buy a floor pod, for that kind of money you could get a proper amp instead of the bass amp ur using currently and get far better tone than if you did put the pod through the bass amp. how much have you got to spend??

I don't have much money at all. I'd say the most I'd be able to pay right now is $250
well if you dont want a massively loud amp you should be able to get a cheap Line6 spider or something similar at least, and that will do you better than the bass amp/floor pod set up
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Do it man.
Guitar + Bass amps sound well lush, (depends what your into obviously)

Check out Kyuss or Electric Wizard