Alright, I'm definitely going to buy an Agile very soon and my first choice was the Agile AL 3000. Due to a lack of funds and a need of a new amp, I might not be able to dish out that much cash. I know it's not much in the first place and it's quite a steal, but what can I say? I'm broke. So, my next choice would be to get an Agile AL 2000 which is far cheaper. Can anyone give me a first hand comparison between the two? Now, I know the obvious differences:

The 3000 binding is superior, the 3000 has Alnico V pickups whereas the 2000 has ceramic ones, 3000 has a mahogany neck compared to the 2000's maple neck, 3000 has ebony fretboard compared to 2000's standard rosewood, etc.

I'm just wondering is there such a difference quality and playability that I should definitely wait to get the 3000?
Obviously I think the 3000 would be better, but sadly I havn't tried any of the AL models
But once you do get an Agile, be sure to hit up the group in my sig!

Sorry I couldn't really help
Quote by ReynboLightning
I've read on the agile forums that the difference is mostly cosmetic

Not really. The 3000 feel/sound is a step above the 2k. I have both at home so I think I am well position to make this statement. Don't get me wrong the 2000 is the best 200$ guitar on the market but the 3000 is better in every way. It isl also the best 400$ guitar I have ever seen.
Given that it's only a $190-200 price difference between the 2000 and 3100 I'd have to get the 3100.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Given that it's only a $190-200 price difference between the 2000 and 3100 I'd have to get the 3100.

One day we will convert you to Abalone :-P well maybe not. Have you seen the new neck-through AL-3200 ?
Quote by Symtex
One day we will convert you to Abalone :-P well maybe not. Have you seen the new neck-through AL-3200 ?
You won't and I have. Abalone is the worst looking material I've ever seen used on a guitar. Then, the neck-through. Just no to that one, alright? I've played many Les Pauls and upper fret access has never been a big deal. I'd rather just have a regular set-neck.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...