Hey there, I stumbled upon this guitar whilst surfing the net.

Heres some real life pictures.

http://bbs.guitarchina.com/redirect.php?tid=875276&goto=lastpost

Heres the specs - Original floyd rose, seymour duncans!

X 50VPRO
•Mahogany Body
•Quilted maple carved top
•Original Floyd Rose locking trem & nut
•Mahogany set neck
•Rosewood fingerboard
•Nut width: 43mm:
•Seymour Duncan® '59 reissue neck pickup
•Seymour Duncan® Custom Custom bridge pickup
•3-way toggle switch
•Exclusive Grover® 18:1 gear ratio tuners
•Gloss finish
•Buzz Feiten Tuning System™
•List Price: $1,279.90
•Gigbag: GB4 Included
•Colors: Quilted Trans Blue

I've always loved the blue ESP horizon, but this is only $799 and is very similar. Has anyone had any experience with one of these? Is there something to justify the low price tag?
I'd just get the LTD MH-400...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i've tried the one without the floyd, and it was great, for the money. I haven't tried the 400 series LTD you're talking about, but I prefer the washburn to the schecters I've tried which are often more expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Washburn make greatness from air.

That guitar I think I would prefer over the mh-401 because that has Duncans, but has a neck for a giant (which I just am not).

Really? Washburn emailed me and gave the neck dimensions as

1F=19.0mm, 12F=21.0mm

which is the same thickness as a Wizard II neck. Maybe they sent me the wrong dimensions?
NECK
SCALE/FRET : 25.5”/ 24F - 1F:19mm, 12F:21mm
MATERIAL: Nato
NUT: Graphite 43*6mm Black
JOINING STYLE : Set in neck
TRUSS ROD: Double 440mm

There's no way in hell this guitar has a thick neck, dude...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Banana Wedgie
Washburn make greatness from air.

That guitar I think I would prefer over the mh-401 because that has Duncans, but has a neck for a giant (which I just am not).

Dont open your mouth when you have no idea what`s going on.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I personally would prefer the X50-
- Original floyd rose
- Finish looks really great
- The price
Washburn guitars are pretty good..You definitely get more than you pay for!
It's $100-150 less than the MH-1000 or M-1000 which also has an OFR ( or at least they use to) and EMGs. The real life pictures show that the Washburn does in fact have an OFR and not the Ping or whatever floyd that's on the ESP and the new Charvel production guitars. Honestly many people say that Floyd is perfectly fine. And the neck heel
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
^ Eh... no. LTD Deluxe series are equipped with Floyd Rose 1000 series. While they are very good they are NOT Original Floyd Rose.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Dec 3, 2009,
Quote by hminh87
^ Eh... no. LTD Deluxe series are equipped with Floyd Rose 1000 series. While they are very good they are NOT Original Floyd Rose.

Yes they are OFR, only made in China. But they are listed as OFR, and Floyd claims that they are made identical. Time will tell us if it's true or not, but for now we cant really be sure.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by robert_says
Whats silly is the position of the pickup selector. The trem arm is directly in the way.

This is probably about the biggest thing that's turned me off the entire X series by Washburn. But otherwise this is a bargain and I'd definitely get it if I could save the money for it.