Poll Options
View poll results: What would happen?
Born as different person
41 23%
Never be born
139 77%
Voters: 180.
Page 1 of 2
Lets say your parents got married and never made you. They grow old and die together without ever having kids. Do you think you would have entered this earth as a different person with a different family or never have a chance at life?
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
No.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Well, you wouldn't exist. If you were born as a different person it wouldn't be you, would it?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
No.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
That's what philosophers would call a dualistic idea, which has since been disproven by science.
No
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by linksmaker
different body, same soul. God doesn't make mistakes.

so your saying the holocaoust was delibrate, interesting.
Quote by linksmaker

Then explain the rainbow
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by linksmaker

True, Aids was invented by a work experience student of his.
Its quite simple the current person I am would not exist. I would be somebody else, a different gene pool, different traits, charicteristics etc.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
The Holocaust was deliberate act by an evil person that made a choice to do evil. God didn't do it. Hitler made that choice.
Quote by aaciseric
True, Aids was invented by a work experience student of his.

To TS; no. That's a stupid idea.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I think you were born but you were a secret and your parents would put you up for adoption in another country so you'd think you were a different person! (In short, don't abort)
Quote by linksmaker
The Holocaust was deliberate act by an evil person that made a choice to do evil. God didn't do it. Hitler made that choice.

God "knows" everything that has ever happened and ever will happen, meaning every murder, robbery, rape and toe stub was essentially chosen by Him.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by linksmaker

but i thought god was omnipotent? therefore didn't God choose Hitler to be born and for all the after events to occur? or does he only make people and then just leave us to ourselves?
Quote by Rizzo228
bandaids!

metallica have bandaids.
lars is their aids
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
Quote by blue_strat
That's what philosophers would call a dualistic idea, which has since been disproven by science.

...do you mean substance dualism?

And I wouldn't say that his post entails that.
Unless your parents donate the exact sperm and egg that was supposed to be you and it's IVF'd, then no, *you* would never be born. Obviously.
Quote by Craigo
...do you mean substance dualism?

And I wouldn't say that his post entails that.

Hm I thought he meant that a person = a soul, which could inhabit various bodies.

So dualism as opposed to materialism, in the sense of a soul separate from a body vs the "soul" being a part of the body (processes in the brain etc).

I dropped out of my philosophy A-Level, so maybe I have a fuzzy memory of these things ...
The opposite of dualism is monism.

Quote by imthehitcher
but i thought god was omnipotent? therefore didn't God choose Hitler to be born and for all the after events to occur? or does he only make people and then just leave us to ourselves?

Oh, but God (at least the God of the Abrahamic religions) is omniscient! Whoops, there goes free will, even if the Bible says otherwise!
Last edited by Holy Katana at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by imthehitcher

There's a simple way to answer this problem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
Quote by Holy Katana
The opposite of dualism is monism.

Oh, but God (at least the God of the Abrahamic religions) is omniscient! Whoops, there goes free will, even if the Bible says otherwise!

to be honest ive never understood why christians tell you to do the will of God when he supposidly gave me free will. Although lets be fair i think God may be slightly schitzophrenic, i mean look how much he changes between old and new testament
Page 1 of 2