Hi! I'm soon playing on my schools talent show, but I wonder what EQ and settings will resemble the song Whatsername by green day the most? I have a Peavy Vypyr 75 W so the possibilites of nailing that tone is good!
bass 4 middle 8 treble 8-10 depending. Gain 6-8 depending on the amp.
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
On the Vypyr just dial in the green Twn, Dlx, Plxi or Brit model and use the TubeScrm effect on it. Fiddle around with the EQ as long you find the sound you want and have fun.

Also, don't start setting-threads in future.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
oh thanks guys, had no idea where to post setting threads... but thx it's really appreciated!
ignore him he's UG's jesus, im not a ug christian so he doesnt exist!
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Quote by les_kris
ignore him he's UG's jesus, im not a ug christian so he doesnt exist!

lolwut?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
You like that, you false prophet, huh?
Quote by metal_fretter
Sigged.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Yay im sigged, but i dont believe in jesus, so am I or aren't I?
Quote by metal_fretter
Quote by les_kris
Yay im sigged, but i dont believe in jesus, so am I or aren't I?

I should probably sig that too.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
lol
Quote by metal_fretter